Fans Advisory Board Meeting - 16th September

OutByEaster?

33 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

They already do this, don't they? Pietanic in the Holte (and Trinity I think), Yardbirds in the Trinity (if they could get them in the Holte too would be great)

They do have the Pie place in the LowerHolte and the Kebab place. Both an improvement but it could still be better. If you want an old fashioned burger and chips or a steak and kidney pie, its still rubbish. 

Additionally, I would like the know the club's justification in now pricing the existing (and soon to be demolished) North Stand pricing is now the same as the Holte End, given the big difference in facilities.  They must be fully aware of the dated design of the stand, hence the planned redevelopment.

On 18/08/2023 at 11:07, mrchnry said:

The options for vegetarians are truly awful and given the price of the tickets now I expect the facilities and the options to improve. 

This. Awful doesn’t do the food justice, it’s far worse than that. Can’t be that difficult to offer decent vegan/vegetarian options.

Shocking catering in the North Stand (Trinity corner) yesterday. 30 mins to get a drink at half time. No food or snacks (unless thats normal for HT). Staff on go slow mode and seemingly zero effort to speed up service, problems with till systems. An absolute shower of... !! 

Thought these issues were being addressed? What have management been doing during the off season?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, birdman said:

Shocking catering in the North Stand (Trinity corner) yesterday. 30 mins to get a drink at half time. No food or snacks (unless thats normal for HT). Staff on go slow mode and seemingly zero effort to speed up service, problems with till systems. An absolute shower of... !! 

Thought these issues were being addressed? What have management been doing during the off season?

First time to Villa park? 

“Management” been trying to address these issues for most of my life. It’s an impossible task - no human alive can solve this problem. 

• Haha 3

On 17/08/2023 at 14:20, sidcow said:

Unless they've done it close season the exterior of The Holte Hotel was in a bit of a state last season and is well overdue a lick of paint. Looked well scruffy to the point it's going to be a false economy leaving it because the woodwork is going to need replacing. 

And I hope they're going to sort out the "The Holte End" wording on the lower Holte seats after the new disabled area took away the tops of some of the letters.

Yes, nothing doing close season with the paint. The outside of the Holte Hotel and clubs shop underneath looking really shoddy more like a struggling non league club than a Premier league ground. 

Holte End toilets also very tatty. I would bet that the broken cubicle locks remain broken. 

Feels like there is no overall management responsibility to look at maintenance of the small things, like they're not even aware. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

Just now, villaglint said:

“Management” been trying to address these issues for most of my life. It’s an impossible task - no human alive can solve this problem. 

Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but attending other Premier League grounds does in fact suggest that humans can solve this problem. 

• Haha 1

On 17/08/2023 at 19:51, HalfTimePost said:

We'll celebrate by using a new Badge every year for the next 150 years

Why not two every year?

30 minutes ago, villaglint said:

That's where self service comes in!

On 18/08/2023 at 11:55, cheltenham_villa said:

i know we can work around it, i just still hate pointless processes. Either let me take it in or ban everyone from taking anything that could be a weapon.

You just know that they'd sooner ban the thermos than sell the Fanta with a cap

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

You just know that they'd sooner ban the thermos than sell the Fanta with a cap

what i now like is that if you use the self serve kiosk in the lower holte, they dont remove the caps. If you use the bar, they remove the caps, if you use the Delhi Grill, they sometimes pour the bottle of fanta into a plastic cup.  Mental

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

what i now like is that if you use the self serve kiosk in the lower holte, they dont remove the caps. If you use the bar, they remove the caps, if you use the Delhi Grill, they sometimes pour the bottle of fanta into a plastic cup.  Mental

We've been moaning about consistency down the Villa for ages. 

On the topic of them charging the same for North Stand as the other better stands, I assume the intention is that the prices will now be set at a stadium wide level in future. I.e. when the new North stand is finished, we won't see prices hiked there beyond whatever is the price in the rest of the stadium? Suspect they won't want to discuss this at this point but might go some way to justifying what they're doing at the moment.