Fans Advisory Board Meeting - 16th September

OutByEaster?

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Yes, nothing doing close season with the paint. The outside of the Holte Hotel and clubs shop underneath looking really shoddy more like a struggling non league club than a Premier league ground. 

Holte End toilets also very tatty. I would bet that the broken cubicle locks remain broken. 

Feels like there is no overall management responsibility to look at maintenance of the small things, like they're not even aware. 

That's a shame. I don't walk up that way much nowadays. It looked really smart when Lerner refurbished it, one of his better decisions at Villa compared to the derelict mess Ellis had left.

8 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

On the topic of them charging the same for North Stand as the other better stands, I assume the intention is that the prices will now be set at a stadium wide level in future. I.e. when the new North stand is finished, we won't see prices hiked there beyond whatever is the price in the rest of the stadium? Suspect they won't want to discuss this at this point but might go some way to justifying what they're doing at the moment. 

Oh you poor naive fellow. We will get a few more price hikes before it is built, and then they will charge a premium price as it will be actually modern facilities at Villa Park for the first time.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mattyvilla said:

Could we ask if it's acceptable with the price rises to have blocked urinals , no hand paper or hand gel and taps not working , even before the game 

Extra £500 if you want basic sanitation I'm afraid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

There is a simple solution in my eyes here.

Accept that they don't care about us we are just ticket price figures to them.

If you accept this then you don't expect much.

When you don't get much its not a surprise.

You can even get your own back by playing a little game...… try to spend as little as you possibly can with the club during the season as they are only trying to fleece you every way you turn once you are inside.

Edited by MarkLillis
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

This one will be a barnstormer I think

Yes all those scripted answers that skirt around the real issues will be lively indeed. I'm still waiting to hear when we're bringing back the Petrov Pie.

Edited by fightoffyour

Still no wi-fi or phone signal on O2 in Witton Lane Upper. However ona brighter note was glad that the awful screechy entrance music was gone - to be replaced by Ozzy 

Can we get an update as to the north stand ST holders as to what happens when/if the stand is knocked down. Will the fans be relocated elsewhere at the same price as we would have expected to pay for the North stand ST? My concern is the club stick me in the trinity through no choice of my own and then ask me to pay Trinity Road ST prices?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Hang on. Why should north stand ST holders have to pay more. We have no choice but to be moved.

I completely agree with you, but I imagine the club will see it as '30k on the waiting list, if you don't pay it someone else will'. See ticket prices the last two years, the removal of facilities for most upper Holte users,  and the complete lack of care when it comes to basics like non-flooded urinals, not bothering to clean up bird shit. We're a revenue source, and if you or I don't renew then they have a big list of people who will and who won't complain. 

• Like 2

If you really want to get their attention re poor service issues you should ask whether the club have done any impact assessment on how much revenue it loses across the season as a result of the extremely slow and poor service levels seen in various parts of the ground?

Have they also done an assessment of how much revenue increased where they have modernised F&B facilities for regular season ticket holders? 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Thank you for the responses - the group are awaiting a response from the club on a date and are hoping to publish an agenda set by the group in advance.

hopefully they're not reading this as could be waiting a while for them to be ready to face the music!

18 hours ago, villarule123 said:

Yesterday was one of the worst days for fan experience for me, after having to pay an extra £100 on my season ticket for the privilege. 

As soon as I got through the turnstile and walked up the stairs to my seat in Trinity A8, I was struck by the mass amount of bird crap all up the stairs. Day one of the season, this isn't very good.

I was going to get some chips for my little boy before the game, but I noticed the queues were extending to the steps to the stand. So as has been a regular theme, I decided to not bother and get some whilst the game was on instead, where the queue will have died down. I got to my seat on the front row to discover another mass amount of bird crap all around our seats and many other rows, and on the seat my little boy had to sit on. I was absolutely fuming. Day one of the season, this is absolutely disgusting.

I was going to just 'deal with it' at first, but seeing my child have to sit awkwardly around the bird crap I decided to alert the stewards what the state of the stand was in. 5 minutes later, an army of about 10-15 cleaners all come out of nowhere and are cleaning vast amounts of bird shit up in the entire A8 section of the Trinity. This is at 13.50 by the way, 10 minutes before kick off.

It completely ruined any excitement both of us had of welcoming our players back, my child was distracted by cleaners cleaning his seat, and I was in a bad mood from having to argue with various stewards in front of hundreds of people. Surely having cleaners before the game on game day going around the stands is just doing the basics? The bird shit looked like it had been there over a week.

Then 20 minutes later I decide to finally get some food as the queue will have surely gone by now. There was still a small queue, with some of the most half arsed serving you will have ever seen. Workers standing with their hands on their hips, the ones actually working looked like they were taking the piss intentionally. This has been a problem since I moved to the Trinity 4 years ago. I get back and we are 1-0 up, McGinn had scored and I managed to miss it.

It's a terrible fan experience for something that is so expensive, and keeps rising in price even during a cost of living crisis. Not having any phone signal is bad, not having any WiFi in 2023 is just amateur. I can't check any scores or talk to my mates who are also watching the game elsewhere.

I've attached a couple of photos of my seat and some seats behind, but it doesn't tell the whole story. It was everywhere.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Again, just feels like there is zero management oversight about the general real estate. 

I'll bet the stadium manager has no idea the seats and concourses are covered in shit, the toilets are a state, the paint is flaking and builders have left crap all over the place. 

There is a breakdown in knowledge and understanding somewhere. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Again, just feels like there is zero management oversight about the general real estate. 

I'll bet the stadium manager has no idea the seats and concourses are covered in shit, the toilets are a state, the paint is flaking and builders have left crap all over the place. 

There is a breakdown in knowledge and understanding somewhere. 

Is it in the stadium manager's remit to actually step into the stadium for a minute? Especially during match day? That's all it would take.

• Like 4