Fans Advisory Board Meeting - 16th September

OutByEaster?

1 hour ago, thabucks said:
  • Can you ask them do they have any near future plans to replace the frankly awfully designed & poorly laid out website & app. 
  • why is the social media output so poor and  is it only set up to appeal to the younger fan base ? it’s just regurgitated content mostly. 
  • Why has communication from club to client been so poor time and time again of late.

These are all valid and top of my list but presumably it's now the remit of Chris Heck who is still finding his feet (and of course these things can't be changed overnight)

So with that said, I would love to hear more from Chris whether that's in a similar format to this session or semi annual letters from him to fans.

• Like 2

Why did we spend so much money and consult so many fans to ignore the decision on the new badge? Are we hand wringing over which Director gets to have their vision in the club's identity? This is a club of 150 years and needs to be treated like the icon it is to the community, our new badge should be able to see the club through the next 20-30 years why have we messed with it in the way we have? 

I preferred Gas Lamp, the circle was never what I wanted but it was done.  I'd like the club to clarify what happened - was there some kind of legal issue? (I.e. Chelsea?)

• Like 1

I think the shop at VP needs work too, it’s too small, too busy on match days, and doesn’t have enough stock. 

I think the badge situation needs a full and frank answer from the club too. We have two badges now; one which is basically the 2007 badge and one which was the result of 100’s of hours of research and fan consultations and is being scrapped after one season.

If they’re looking for a badge that pleases everyone, then they won’t find it.

Is anything being done for the Sesquicentennial, 150 year, anniversary of our great club? 

Maybe some clarity over the exact nature and changes to the building works planned would be good too, for transparency, more than anything. I trust them, I just am interested as to what is changing.

• Like 1

A positive, the new options provided in the lower holte last year for purchasing refreshments are excellent. Self serve, staff less kiosk and the pre order have been brilliant In helping to reduce queues and wait times around the bars. 

The food is unfortunately poor still in the stadium, the quality from the external caterers is much much better and I quite like the fan zones. Would be great to see them expanded with more options. During the winter, would the club consider letting the street food caterers come into the stadium? 

Final thought is I would love to understand the policy on drinks bottles. I can't buy a coke with a lid (which would stop my lad spilling it) buy the old guy next to me can take in a 2 litre thermos with boiling water. 

12 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

A positive, the new options provided in the lower holte last year for purchasing refreshments are excellent. Self serve, staff less kiosk and the pre order have been brilliant In helping to reduce queues and wait times around the bars. 

The food is unfortunately poor still in the stadium, the quality from the external caterers is much much better and I quite like the fan zones. Would be great to see them expanded with more options. During the winter, would the club consider letting the street food caterers come into the stadium? 

Final thought is I would love to understand the policy on drinks bottles. I can't buy a coke with a lid (which would stop my lad spilling it) buy the old guy next to me can take in a 2 litre thermos with boiling water. 

The taking caps off bottles of pop thing always struck me as stupid - I've never bought a bottle of pop in the ground, but if it's something you do often, is it worth just taking a spare bottle top with you from home into the ground? Then you can just stick it on, as I guess they're the same bottles you'd get in the shop.

1 hour ago, blunther said:

The taking caps off bottles of pop thing always struck me as stupid - I've never bought a bottle of pop in the ground, but if it's something you do often, is it worth just taking a spare bottle top with you from home into the ground? Then you can just stick it on, as I guess they're the same bottles you'd get in the shop.

That’s what I know most people around me do.  It’s so obvious I’m guessing most regulars or those that have kids do for the last couple of years.

• Like 2

I do think that the question about bottle tops is a valid one and something which needs to be addressed, a consistent policy is sorely needed.

im fed up of standing in a puddle of Fanta that the kid behind me in the upper north has spilt before the match has even started!

• Like 2

In terms of the future of Villa Park, I'd be interested to hear when they intend to share the details of the master plan they're developing; where the extra 2.5k seats that they have suggested will be ready for the Euros come from, what the options are for extending the Doug Ellis (don't need plans - just how they could do it based on advisers' views) and also what they want to do with the car park outside the Holte and the pub - could be something very interesting.

I would also be interested to hear the partner strategy - we have fewer official partners at the moment - is that because we're focusing on getting the right partners who are prepared to pay a certain value?  Linked to that interested on hearing if we're getting a training kit sponsor. Used to be part of the Cazoo deal - but clearly not part of BK8 - and I would think the most valuable after front of shirt and sleeve sponsorship - so a real opportunity.

Finally it would be great to have something on camera from Chris Heck - just on his experience of the last few months (including learning from Terrance View etc), his vision of how to grow the club commercially to support team development and something about where we're going with VP......

Sorry that's a bit long!!

Edited by andycv
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

They already do this, don't they? Pietanic in the Holte (and Trinity I think), Yardbirds in the Trinity (if they could get them in the Holte too would be great)

20 hours ago, Rodders said:

Can you ask them why the **** they pursued a sponsorship deal with a betting firm after the public intention to prevent further betting sponsorship in the game. It seems they've exploited the timescale technicality until 2026 with breathtaking cynicism and with a firm already dropped by another club for being offensive already. Not that any betting firm is honourable, but they seem particularly shitty. 

If they are going to persist with having no moral scruples whatsoever with where they source their sponsors, could they have the basic decency to provide a clubshirt without that bollocks scrawled all over it for fans to purchase?

Thanks. 

Don't think there's any mystery over why it happened, and I think they've explained before, but I agree it would be good to register our displeasure again and to ask for logo-free shirts to be a purchase option. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, andycv said:

In terms of the future of Villa Park, I'd be interested to hear when they intend to share the details of the master plan they're developing; where the extra 2.5k seats that they have suggested will be ready for the Euros come from, what the options are for extending the Doug Ellis (don't need plans - just how they could do it based on advisers' views) and also what they want to do with the car park outside the Holte and the pub - could be something very interesting.

11 minutes ago, andycv said:

Oh - and one final one - when do they anticipate opening the Warehouse - I think the plan is for the Euros this coming summer - but would be great for confirmation.

On the topic of these questions, I'm also interested to know whether the seeming collapse of Buckinghams means anything for our plans either directly as a possible partner or indirectly as a sign of rampant cost inflation. 

• As mentioned I mentioned in the increasing commercial revenue thread. Do the club have any plans on selling naming rights to stands and/or lounges and warehouse as seen in the States as it’s an under tapped revenue stream and one we should look to exploit given the sheer global reach of the premier league IMO.
  • Why do we not have a training kit sponsor and will they consider selling naming rights to BMH.
  • Do the club recognise that commercial partnerships should’ve been better exploited rather than squeeze the fan base 
  • Surely implementing the above would’ve negated such large increases in ticketing  costs and maybe the club should recognise this and agree to freeze increases for a set period of time. 

16 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Don't think there's any mystery over why it happened, and I think they've explained before, but I agree it would be good to register our displeasure again and to ask for logo-free shirts to be a purchase option. 

If I was going to buy a shirt, I'd buy the training top. Looks better than the kit, cheaper, and no stupid logos all over it.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Oh yeah, I know. I just wanted to have another moan. Can copy and post my question for the next few of these things tbf

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blunther said:

i know we can work around it, i just still hate pointless processes. Either let me take it in or ban everyone from taking anything that could be a weapon.

• Like 1