Match Thread: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Yep Isak isn’t offside. But Burn is, and is blocking Cash. 

Burn comes from an even more advanced offside position to body Cash (whilst still offside) and nothing is reviewed. It's actually laughable. I bet the VAR crew were only looking at Isak.

Just now, Jas10 said:

I don’t mean to offend… but we need to calm down and not be too reactionary…

We have played one half of one game of the long season ahead…

Trust in Unai…

you are right it is all to play for, but i don't see chelsea spurs liverpool having as bad seasons as they did last year....we have lost our talisman (mings) and terrier (buendia)...so this is a great opportunity to qualify for EL whilst we regroup. Of course we should try to aim as high as possible and win as many PL games as possible, but that is our best route in, and we have by far the best squad in the competition. Emery is a tactical guy and whilst he might not voice it, i think he will want to throw the kitchen sink at that competition

3 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Cash played Botman onside and the ref didn't give an offside against Digne, he gave a foul for Kamara blocking Trippier off. Clutching at straws blaming the officiating for us losing here.

Didn't Burns block Cash though?

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Yep Isak isn’t offside. But Burn is, and is blocking Cash. 

Burn comes from an even more advanced offside position to body Cash (whilst still offside) and nothing is reviewed. It's actually laughable. I bet the VAR crew were only looking at Isak.

Our right side his terrible today, we need to change something there. Could begin with switching McGinn and Bailey. Don’t think this is a match for an unproven JPB. Possibly Tielemans on but then we’re really playing with four players that are central midfielders by trade.

• Like 1

Just now, KillieVillain said:

The same way Cash was blocked off for their 2nd goal ? 

He really was. If VAR was looking at that for a sky 6 team they'd have unquestionably called it back for a foul on the defender. It's crooked. 

• Like 1

Just now, TheMightyVillans said:

Burn pulling cash so he plays botman on.... Newcastle get given a foul for a similar thing later on... great consistency

I genuinely want to tear my eyes out. It absolutely stinks of corruption.