Match Thread: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

They got the game where they wanted it and got the crowd into it. We're not playing great but neither are Saudi-Arabia. It's an ugly little game so far, with lots of energy.

It's just absolutely terrible to lose both Mings and Buendia probably for the season. It just reduces our quality and chances in every competition.  

Edited by MackHaakon

What happened to Mings has put a dampener on this whole game for me, whatever happens. I'm absolutely gutted for him.

In terms of the game itself, I don't like getting on players' backs but this half has just continued to affirm that Bailey isn't good enough outside of isolated moments and we still need a right back. For that second goal Cash is again breaking the offside line by standing two yards behind it and playing everyone on. He's a decent player but not at the level we want to be at, and feels like one of VERY few players that haven't kicked on under Emery.

Just now, brummybloke said:

Bailey off please

Mginn back on the right against burns, he is completely ineffective where he has been put.

Teilmans on in front of doug and kamara

Diaby on the left

Can't honestly think of one positive from Bailey today, very poor performance, lacking pace, energy, composure , skill and tactical positioning.

Bailey is shit. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

guess we seriously have to dip into the market now. Buendia, Mings, Moreno, Ramsey.... we're short-staffed in this team right now.

We’re gonna have to splash the cash… forget about January… 

Quite a lot of over reaction on here against one of the best teams in the league away from home. It’s not that bad. My main take homes is I’m devastated about Mings and we seem to be losing our heads a lot. Just don’t look ready but we haven’t been awful 

Just now, Talldarkandransome said:

Worst half I've seen from Villa since Gerrard. I'm sure Emery will sort it but we look awful.

Mings injury doesn't look good and I still don't understand offside. The ref gave offside against Villa for exactly the same scenario that VAR allowed their 2nd goal for.

It appears they don't know the offside rule either

Burn fouls Cash in the build up and nothing given. Digne gets a bizarre offside call and the Geordies get a foul from a set piece similar to what happened to Cash. Not even a VAR replay for Joelinton taking out Dougie's legs for the pen.

• Like 2

Just now, ozvillafan said:

Need to get McGinn on the ball.

Cash and Digne not having much effect on this game either.

I think Digne has put some good deliveries in. And Cash is having an effect, it's just a negative one 

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

One that was half a foot from Kamara who reacted too slowly. 

Kamara hasn't been very good today, and I'm not just talking about his fault for their first goal.

5 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Bailey has had some decent moments this half. I think a lot of the comments about him have been really inaccurate 

Sooner he’s off the pitch the better. Tielemans or JPB please.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Their goal was nowhere near offside lol

Is the rule that the player receiving the pass can be in an offside position provided it goes via one other person intentionally first (and that person was onside)?

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

The offside player held Cash back who might have got round on the cover. 

I doubt it, going on how he's played today, Cash would have probably stuck it in his own net, he's been absolutely abysmal.