Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

5 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Yes - maybe it doesn’t look great from this angle does it - and I don’t like to see this, what I would say is this,many players do this as a self entitled gesture - not so sure Zaniolo is one of these. 
He should though remember those people spent probably the best part of £100 plus going to the game to offer their support to the team.

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

He must be on VT. That shush gesture aimed at some in here

If he can play not awfully and score some more he can shush all he wants.

2 hours ago, spiezels said:

Ah who gives a shit, football fans can be such snowflakes sometimes. Call a player a word removed at the ground and online when they dont play well, then cry when they get shushed. 
Get a grip. Not necessarily aimed at you…. 

Look personally - I am too long in the tooth to care, and as I mentioned in my op - I don’t see Zaniolo as being a self entitled player, he just doesn’t strike me as this, but equally, when you give up your Sunday to travel to the smoke, pay a fortune for a seat in an atmosphere less stadium - And let’s be clear, many of those present yesterday would not be detractors of him, do you really want to see this from one of your own players? I’m just a little bit like - Come mate, see the bigger picture here, and I am a fan of his.

36 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

Look personally - I am too long in the tooth to care, and as I mentioned in my op - I don’t see Zaniolo as being a self entitled player, he just doesn’t strike me as this, but equally, when you give up your Sunday to travel to the smoke, pay a fortune for a seat in an atmosphere less stadium - And let’s be clear, many of those present yesterday would not be detractors of him, do you really want to see this from one of your own players? I’m just a little bit like - Come mate, see the bigger picture here, and I am a fan of his.

There's been some articles written saying he's a flop, fans don't like him, he's failed. On here and I'd imagine on the Musk fake news machine there's been people calling him shite every time he's played. If he's even seen/heard like a fraction of it I'd imagine it would piss you off.

For me it's nothing to get upset about unless you've been calling him names on X. Or you write for the Birmingham Mail.

Hes been crap, one goal doesnt change that and running round shushing fans is pathetic - Go on a run of scoring and playing well and maybe but facts are he has more yellow cards than goals and assists, usually for stupidity 

• Haha 1

You can get carried away by the odd good moment. He took his.goal well. Was in the right position and executed the finish very well. That hasn't always been the case. Earlier in the season he started games and was missing chance after chance. No problem with him starting against wolves. Let's see what he can do from the start. 

4 hours ago, spiezels said:

Ah who gives a shit, football fans can be such snowflakes sometimes. Call a player a word removed at the ground and online when they dont play well, then cry when they get shushed. 
Get a grip. Not necessarily aimed at you…. 

I don't think too many people are truly upset about it, I think it sums of players like Rashford and Zaniolo (possibly , I've not seen enough of him) they're absolutely terrible for months on end then score a tap in and are giving it the big one.

I find it funny tbh.

10 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I've assumed that his lack of playing time is down to us not wanting to make the deal permanent. Suspect if he plays x amount of minutes we'd be forced to buy him. 

I think it's probably more down to the fact that he's been really really bad most of the time he's played

9 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

People are seriously getting mad about him celebrating a crucial goal? 🙄

Im not mad about it, just thought all a bit embarrassing for him 

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

Is that celebration not him silencing the wet spam fans? 

I was sat in West Ham end right by there and he definitely aimed it towards the Villa fans, I called it out to my son as soon as I saw it 

Getting to that stage of the season where he is playing for his place in the Italy euro squad and a possible permanent transfer to Villa (or another team) and he is starting to show what a good player he is. Hopefully he keeps it up until the end of the season. 

5 hours ago, ChesterDad said:

Yes - maybe it doesn’t look great from this angle does it - and I don’t like to see this, what I would say is this,many players do this as a self entitled gesture - not so sure Zaniolo is one of these. 
He should though remember those people spent probably the best part of £100 plus going to the game to offer their support to the team.

Watkins has been guilty of doing this as recently as a couple of months back. I'll go check his thread for consistency in your judgement  

A lot of chips on shoulders, I sense those who ‘never want to see him in our shirt again’ are determined to take offence at a gesture they want to interpret as against them. If you dish it out accept some back. 

Maybe be less sensitive and celebrate the goal? 

Looked determined and energetic, definitely playing for the shirt and scored. Does that alter the narrative? Moussa has been poor for a decent stretch but doesn’t seem to get the hate. 

• Like 3

Â