Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

https://football-italia.net/zaniolo-tonali-and-fagioli-betting-bans-would-be-worldwide/

Zaniolo, Tonali and Fagioli betting bans would be worldwide

Italian rules ban players from betting on any football event and any bans given to Nicolò Zaniolo, Sandro Tonali or Nicolò Fagioli would be expanded worldwide.

Juventus midfielder Fagioli is under investigation for betting using illegal sites and it seems he handed himself in to the authorities. Today the prosecutor in Turin also informed Newcastle United star Tonali and Aston Villa forward Zaniolo that they too were under investigation for betting. The bets were seemingly placed when they were still in Italy representing Milan and Roma respectively.

However, if there are bans imposed by the FIGC, they would be expanded worldwide by FIFA All players in Italy are banned from placing bets on any football event organised in association with the FIGC, FIFA and UEFA. Brentford striker Ivan Toney admitted 232 breaches of the Football Association’s betting rules in May 2023 and was fined £50,000 along with an eight-month ban.

The minimum Italian ban for betting on football events is three years, so would be significantly harsher. It would be far worse for Zaniolo if the allegations are true that he bet on a Coppa Italia game involving his own club Roma when he was still in the squad.

Eeep

• Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Well, if it takes as long to sort out as the cases against Paqueta or Toney then Zaniolo will be able to play for us at least until January. These things don't get sorted overnight. 

Its not the gutless FA doing the ban its Italian authorities

6 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Well, if it takes as long to sort out as the cases against Paqueta or Toney then Zaniolo will be able to play for us at least until January. These things don't get sorted overnight. 

By which time he might played enough games to make the deal permanent 😏

He's not our player so it may not be so bad long term but potentially losing a good player  who is starting to make a positive impact will be hard to take. 

If it takes until Jan to sort out then I'm sure we can cut the deal short. 

Edited by Khizzy

I guess how screwed we are here depends how fast they conduct the investigation. If it can take at least a few weeks we should have Ramsey back, and then it'd be only 6-8 weeks or so to the Jan window. You'd hope there's some sort of break clause in the deal. 

I guess we could always reactivate Philogene's buyback clause lol

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Bloody Christian Purslow and Johan Lange not even bothering to do their homework.

Farce!

Thankfully, the former had been shown the door for betting on his own ego and failing drastically - before Zaniolo had arrived.  😎

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I guess how screwed we are here depends how fast they conduct the investigation. If it can take at least a few weeks we should have Ramsey back, and then it'd be only 6-8 weeks or so to the Jan window. You'd hope there's some sort of break clause in the deal. 

I guess we could always reactivate Philogene's buyback clause lol

We could also probably play Moreno (until Ramsey is fit) in front of Digne if we needed to since he's played as a winger in the past. Might be a decent partnership on the left. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Thankfully, the former had been shown the door for betting on his own ego and failing drastically - before Zaniolo had arrived.  😎

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Â