Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

A search for “Zaniolo loan clause” comes back with the suggestion a mandatory purchase would take place if he plays 30 times for us.

Absolutely no idea if that is correct. It’s the only criteria I’ve found. Plenty of “conditional compulsory purchase option” type references but not many suggestions as to what it would be.

Zaniolo has played 9 times for us so far.

23 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

A search for “Zaniolo loan clause” comes back with the suggestion a mandatory purchase would take place if he plays 30 times for us.

Absolutely no idea if that is correct. It’s the only criteria I’ve found. Plenty of “conditional compulsory purchase option” type references but not many suggestions as to what it would be.

Zaniolo has played 9 times for us so far.

And been declared s**t by many a poster after 9 games for good measure. 

• Like 1

Here we gooooo Nicolo’s having a bet. 

In all seriousness though if true I’d rather we terminate the loan since he’d likely be banned anyway. I really like him as a player and would be gutted if this happened but we have to think about what kind of club and team we want to be

37 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m sure earlier today some word removed said they had a good feeling about him and thought he could potentially be better than Buendia in a few months 👀 

What a word removed

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Omg reading some of the replies in this thread. Conspiracy theory nuts. Immediately have made up your own narrative he was now match fixing. 🤣

I have no idea whether he’s guilty or not but presumably the reason that footballers betting on their own team is such a scandal is because they then have a vested interested in the outcome of the match and incidents within it that have no sporting motivation so could be akin to match fixing. 

Villa just need to protect themselves at this point. I think we will see him feature some more over the first half of the season as we are so hit by injuries but if we do hit a compulsory buy clause after he features a certain number of times, it would make sense to stay clear of that until more is known about these allegations. 

Â