Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

He’s an interesting one. I can’t work out if he was really good or not. Going to be a fun player to watch this season regardless 

He looked rusty, can tell he hasnt played in a few weeks

He had moments but was more could have done better than good moments. Give him a few weeks of match fitness

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s an interesting one. I can’t work out if he was really good or not. Going to be a fun player to watch this season regardless 

That...that was almost not negative? About a Villa attacking midfielder. Who are you? Where's Delphinho? ;)

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s coachable wrong decision not square it to Watkins but he’s pacy and strong something we’ve lacked.

7 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Wow what an impact he had on those minutes he was on, he really found a lot of space and saw much of the ball. He didn't seem to need any time at all to adapt, very promising! He somewhat remides me of Savo in the way he runs and plays. 

His slightly ungainly movement def has some resemblance to Savo!

The way he’s communicating with his teammates is something Savo could have only dreamed of! 

• Like 1

Haha yes indeed, and hopefully he wont spit towards the fans either!

Yes slightly ungainly was a perfect description, I couldn't really find the word in English to describe it, his movement looked a bit slow (but probably isn't, just that he is tall so it gives that impression) and he kind of swayed and mostly used his left foot a bit like Savo did, also that he went past players in a way you don't really understand how he did it as it looked like going in slow motion.

Very very promising debut!

20 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

His slightly ungainly movement def has some resemblance to Savo!

The way he’s communicating with his teammates is something Savo could have only dreamed of! 

Reckon he could really rock a bandana too.

• Haha 3

First ten minutes of Zaniolo's debut was great and he could have scored two goals.

Looks a quality player and as was mentioned prior to his first appearance, he makes things happen.

As Emery noted Zaniolo can also play anywhere across the front three, gives Villa options.

Of course he should have squared it for an Ollie tap-in but a few minutes into your debut, absolutely get it and so did Ollie with his reaction when he would normally be raging.

He megged someone whilst creating a chance, carved out another chance himself through hard work closing down and has a hammer strength shot. 

You can tell this guy is different gravy, like Diaby who has started off good stats wise but you can tell there's another gear in him and with time we're going to be absolutely wild going forward. 

• Like 3

Zaniolo looked quite impressive to me in his 20min.  Extremely comfortable on the ball.  You can just tell he's calm, very technical, and smooth in possession.  Within minutes he was moving into space demanding the ball just like what Buendia does- trying to dictate play- have everything run through him.  Difference is...  he's a unit.  Opponents won't knock him off the ball like Buendia.  Once he shakes the rust off and gets used to his teammates- Zani will be a terror for Villa opponents.

Still finding his feet in the system, noticed when there was a corner to us a, few of the players giving him instruction as he looked at bit unsure where to be/running to. He did plenty enough in the time he was on the pitch to show he's going to be cracking player for us. bit more time on the training pitch and he will be ok

8 hours ago, Wezbid said:

Of course he should have squared it for an Ollie tap-in but a few minutes into your debut, absolutely get it and so did Ollie with his reaction when he would normally be raging.

He megged someone whilst creating a chance, carved out another chance himself through hard work closing down and has a hammer strength shot. 

You can tell this guy is different gravy, like Diaby who has started off good stats wise but you can tell there's another gear in him and with time we're going to be absolutely wild going forward. 

yep, was definitely noticeable, I'm sure ollie clapped him or gave him a thumbs up

if he's still doing that in december then its a worry but 5 mins in to his debut with is up by 2 goals i dont see the problem in it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

yep, was definitely noticeable, I'm sure ollie clapped him or gave him a thumbs up

if he's still doing that in december then its a worry but 5 mins in to his debut with is up by 2 goals i dont see the problem in it

He did, he clapped and helped Zaniolo up, bless Ollie when he must’ve been raging! 😆 

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's a great sign of togetherness.

Unai kept emphasising that he wanted to create a little " family " here with the players.

Â