Christmas 2023

sidcow

So the full haul is

New Slowdive album

The Smile album

Box of Fortnum and Masons florentines

Record Token (remember them I was about 15 last time I got one)

Chilly coffee mug for taking coffee to work

The book of the photographic exhibition (Photie Man) I'm going to

• Like 1

Currently cooking Christmas dinner. 

And by that I mean I'm hiding in the kitchen whilst my wife is dealing with a hyper 6 year old in the living room.

I'm drinking nice wine, listening to music and reading Villatalk while actually doing some cooking once every 10 minutes or so.

• Like 4

Had a worry that at least 3 LP sized packages had come into the house. My wife played a blinder, Brotherhood by New Order, a Waylon Jennings and The Shangri-las debut. In addition to a load of CDs from my wishlist. 

Outside of that the most middle aged present I have ever had, a leaf blower. 

I just nipped out for a ciggies and my (always noisy) upstairs neighbours are having a conversation which it’s impossible to avoid because they always have the window open.

Ancient Fishwife: Why don't you go and put a T-shirt on Ted?
70 if he’s a day Ted: it’s Xmas, I can’t be arsed.

AF: The kids'll be round soon

Ted: What's your point?

There's an IRL sitcom in my upstairs neighbours

• Haha 1

I've just seen my wife put American burger cheese slices in cauliflower cheese... 

Stopped her using the southern fried chicken gravy though 

Also used German "pigs in blankets" which are cheese filled mini hot dogs wrapped in bacon, they're better and I'm not even sorry about it 

Bigger disappointment was actually using a box of paxo chicken and bacon stuffing, garbage, tasted of overly fake bacon flavouring 

Roll on tomorrow for Chinese night using the left over roast duck and some hoisin, the reason I don't cook turkey 

• Haha 1

Crazy amount of money has been spent by the family this year. 

My inlaws and my Dad alone have done about £500 each easily on our stuff, it's daft really when you think about it logically. 

We've spent a small fortune on the kids (well, one is 25, the other 16) but it's what we go to work for. 

I've dived into the wine a bit too early, I know I'm gonna have a headache later. 

Currently setting up the lads new laptop, flexi tablet things we've got and Cortana is doing my head in. 

Looking forward to a nice dinner now, got a few games to play later then it'll be back home and probably a few games of PES while the wife watches Eastenders. 

Hope everyone is having a great day 🍻

• Like 1

So the Xmas game is about to begin (we buy a new game each year)

This year it’s some Scandi Trivia game called Bezzerwizzer.

I shall endeavour to do my utmost to win (even though they’ve already played it last night to gain an advantage)

The turkey has only just gone in (late food that was meant to be early is also traditional :D ) 

• Like 1

I've been on my own all day so my Christmas breakfast was quarter a box of Ferrero Roche, my Christmas lunch was a packet of Monster Munch and some more chocolate, and later on when my girlfriend comes round for a couple of hours should have some buffet style nibbles.

The present haul also was like you'd get for a child so fitting I guess.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Italian job, C4 chillin.

Just put a choice of viewing on a flashdrive for missus and her daughter.

Aladdin (live version)

Arsenic & Old Lace

Bad Santa

Its A Wonderful Life

The Ring

The warriors

The Quiet Man

No idea what they will choose

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bickster said:

So the Xmas game is about to begin (we buy a new game each year)

This year it’s some Scandi Trivia game called Bezzerwizzer.

I shall endeavour to do my utmost to win (even though they’ve already played it last night to gain an advantage)

The turkey has only just gone in (late food that was meant to be early is also traditional :D ) 

Started  cards against humanity 

Jesus🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1