Christmas 2023

sidcow

Looking forward to it.

Last year was my lad's first christmas, but with him being less than 1 he obviously had no idea what was happening, and it was quite stressful seeing family and that while trying to look after him as well.

Looking forward to a more relaxing one this year. Plus with me being in the new house I'll be hosting my family for the first time which I'm looking forward to as well

• Like 4

14 hours ago, sidcow said:

I was extremely drunk. But this is the photo I took.   

... And I wouldn't be suprised to learn that you were probably the arsehole who also grabbed it out the box, built it....  then took the photo!       😜

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

... And I wouldn't be suprised to learn that you were probably the arsehole who also grabbed it out the box, built it....  then took the photo!       😜

He wouldn't know, he'd had a shedful of ale

• Haha 2

Christmas mentioned on Absolute Radio this morning as the DJ noticed a Christmas Tree on a table in his local pub advertising Book your Christmas meal.

Promoted a caller phone in of other Christmas spottings

Edited by sidcow

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/08/2023 at 08:20, sidcow said:

Christmas mentioned on Absolute Radio this morning as the DJ noticed a Christmas Tree on a table in his local pub advertising Book your Christmas meal.

Promoted a caller phone in of other Christmas spottings

Home Bargains put out their Xmas shite on 1st September. It pissed me off last year because they reduced the size of their biscuit section last year to accommodate it

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

Home Bargains put out their Xmas shite on 1st September. It pissed me off last year because they reduced the size of their biscuit section last year to accommodate it

I went to B&M last week to get some stuff for the garden. 

Aisle had totally been replaced by stuff which whilst not labelled as Christmas, definitely had a winter vibe. 

Their loss was B&Q's gain. 

We have a much slower descent into Christmas. Even though it’s still about 90 degrees (30F) all of the shops are stuffed with Halloween stuff. Then November 1st it will all shift to Thanksgiving for a solid 3 weeks, then pedal to the metal for Christmas all through December.

The next big thing after that is the Oscars!