Christmas 2023

sidcow

18 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’d have to agree as it’s the first time time I’ve watched in over 10. It must be proper shit these days.

The ridiculous Christmas tables always makes me laugh. A 2-up 2-down but somehow they’ve managed to seat and feed about 16 people. 

Then a whole lot of shouting, screaming, running around “the square”, fighting and dying (but probably not dying after all).

None of them seem to have proper jobs either, but can afford London property prices. 

• Like 1

Just now, bickster said:

Salvation Army Band in the square :D 

Close. Just buskers. Brass quintet - they used our playing throughout the whole episode.

Pretty cool being at Pinewood. The actual “square” is absolutely tiny and there’s loads of crap hidden just out of sight! I remember seeing a sign for “Ali’s Cabs” just thrown on a pile of trash. He hadn’t been in the show for about 5 years!

• Like 1

Regarding eastenders.....(yes I know it's not Christmas)

One of my daughters used to watch this tosh regularly years ago, I used to listen out for the 4 phrases

"What's going on....?"

"Your havin a laugh ain't yer.....?"

"Shut it"

"Leave it out!"

It used to be like playing eastenders bingo, one episode that I accidentally watched had all 4 phrases in a 30 min episode.

I imagine not much has changed

• Like 2