alreadyexists

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

Hasn't scored yet this season, didn't have a great pre-season either, any game that could potentially get him off the mark is good with me. I'd be starting him. Can then hopefully rest him for the second leg. 

That's a good point about getting him scoring. 

Happy with some changes, but not many.

Carlos, Tielemans, Duran to start would be a good compromise.

Martinez

Konsa, Carlos, Pau, Digne

DIaby, Tielemans, Luiz, McGinn

Duran, Watkins

Maybe something like that if we stick with 4-4-2. Or keep Kamara in midfield and put Diaby up top with Watkins

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Happy with some changes, but not many.

Carlos, Tielemans, Duran to start would be a good compromise.

Martinez

Konsa, Carlos, Pau, Digne

DIaby, Tielemans, Luiz, McGinn

Duran, Watkins

Maybe something like that if we stick with 4-4-2. Or keep Kamara in midfield and put Diaby up top with Watkins

Olsen for Martinez too.

51 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Hasn't scored yet this season, didn't have a great pre-season either, any game that could potentially get him off the mark is good with me. I'd be starting him. Can then hopefully rest him for the second leg. 

Absolutely not! Watkins needs to be starting we need to get this tie over and done with today.

2 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I don't really pay much attention to Scottish Football. 

Anyone who does, how good are Hibernian? I mean, what kind of standard in England would they be, lower Prem, upper Championship? 

Having watched a bit of English football  ( was as at Barnsley last week in div 1 )  I would think Hibs would fit into Div 1 with the present squad., maybe lower third of the Championship but certainly no higher.

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, useless said:

Olsen is one of the changes I would consider making, him being in goal isn't going to be the difference between winning and losing, so might as well give Martinez a rest and not risk catastrophic to him, the player we can least afford to get injured over a lengthy period, Also would be a good chance to get Olsen's confidence up just in case we do need him in more difficult games to come.

I'm no fan of Olsen and have been praying we sign a stronger second keeper for the cups, but I'd also play him in this. If he plays okay then it'll help his confidence and that of the defence, which seems to be his main issue. And if he does mess up and cost us a goal, this isn't a tie that should be decided by one or two goals. We should be comfortably winning both ties even no matter what Olsen does.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

Nah, Ollie needs a goal. 

13 minutes ago, blunther said:

I'm no fan of Olsen and have been praying we sign a stronger second keeper for the cups, but I'd also play him in this. If he plays okay then it'll help his confidence and that of the defence, which seems to be his main issue. And if he does mess up and cost us a goal, this isn't a tie that should be decided by one or two goals. We should be comfortably winning both ties even no matter what Olsen does.

I disagree. I want Martinez to start this away fixture as regardless of the opposition its a crucial fixture. Get a decent result and Olsen can step in for the home game. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Anyone else still trying to come down from being beyond excited just to be in Europe again? And it's Edinburgh, so wut -- doesn't matter, it's "Europe" to me, and that's all I care about. I can hardly think straight. If this feeling is wrong, I don't wanna feel right ... We're in Europe. Europe!!!!! Europe!!!!! Europe!!!!! Europe!!!!!

giphy.gif

I think we've got to go to Scotland because Brexit means Brexit. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Oh, like Bradford you mean? :trollface:

Yes I know, different times and two managers that couldn’t be further apart. 

A bit like Burton too though we won the pre season tie 😁

Edited by sidcow