Pre Match Thread: Lions Will Roar

ejs1111

3 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

I think it's only for injury, or exceptional circumstances.

Said player would be withdrawn from the match day squad.

hmm, interesting, wonder when we will find out whether he has been withdrawn or not.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Bailey - a four man box midfield of Kamara, Luiz, McGinn and Tielemans.

Like the four man box midfield we had for much of last season with Kamara, Luiz, McGinn and Ramsey.

It'd be a different mix because Ramsey is a very different type - but it wouldn't require too much of adjustment.

Tielemans doesn’t have the legs for the Ramsey , Mcginn role . We might see it most on here are convinced it’s the way to go despite the fact we didn’t see it at all during the pre season. I’ll hold my hands up and gladly admit I’m wrong if we see it .

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah everyone ignored me when i said it earlier lol.

He said " I'm told Bailey is in, but that could change, will have more on this " etc.

Bailey’s definitely not in, he’s over at Newcastle getting ready to play a football match. I know, I called for him earlier. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

Bailey ?

FFS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emery Out !

As someone said earlier. Look at last seasons goal videos and look at his involvements. He wasn't nearly as bad as people think. 

• Like 3

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah everyone ignored me when i said it earlier lol.

He said " I'm told Bailey is in, but that could change, will have more on this " etc.

Lol oopsie. My bad.

I really hope he’s not injured. Would be awful if that’s the situation.

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

As someone said earlier. Look at last seasons goal videos and look at his involvements. He wasn't nearly as bad as people think. 

He's also very scary for defences they play us differently when he's on the pitch. 

4 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

No one in this team is undroppable except for Martinez and Watkins

That’s not the point I was trying to make , the point is it’s unlikely we’ll see Tielemans, Kamara, Luiz shoehorned into the same team.

9 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

I think it's only for injury, or exceptional circumstances.

Said player would be withdrawn from the match day squad.

not sure if it changed, but it used to b that it counted as a sub.

• Thanks 1

Just now, gwi1890 said:

That’s not the point I was trying to make , the point is it’s unlikely we’ll see Tielemans, Kamara, Luiz shoehorned into the same team.

So far, you seem to be right... I think Philogene comes on for Bailey if we need to make an attacking change too, but Tielemans could fit in in place of McGinn easily, without shoehorning anything.

Our bench is so much stronger. Really gives us so many options, I imagine we will see Jaden in the second half. Really intrigued to see him hopefully feature. Digne’s defensive work will be important today so I can see why Pau drops to the bench.