Judge Mental's Sexism and Misogyny Topic

bannedfromHandV

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

in a discussion about empowerment to women and blokes having to get over being blokes as women are allowed to walk about showing their tits when ever they feel like  ( which often also happens to coincide with financial incentive for them ) .. this comment seems quite apt 

think its time VT joined the movement and showed womens breasts .. its what they would want 

Yeah advertisers and google though innit

56 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Just a reminder. Because of a dress she wore, you insulted her, said she had no brains and said she shouldn't be taken seriously in her chosen profession. That she could only further her career by exploiting men's sexual desires. 

This was after agreeing with someone who said that she should have been in trouble with her employer. 

Just for reference now it looks like you're trying to claim you just thought the dress was inappropriate 

I'm not trying to claim that's all is said but what I also said was

She is shit at her job so that's why she did it, not because she did it she was shit at her job. Two completely different statements, although subtle.

I don't want her on my TV with or without clothes (and Gary Lineker is also on that list), because I do not rate them at their jobs.

But at least it sparked some interest during the international break 😁

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Regarding the topless thing. I dont see many beer bellied men who walk around topless in the summer get pulled up for legal or decency laws. Newcastle fan base for one should be in prison

Why are men allowed walk aroumd topless and women arent?

Do you have any daughters? Would you be ok with her walking around the beach with top off? If you have a son would you have a problem with him doing same?

45 minutes ago, luckyeddie said:

She is shit at her job so that's why she did it

this makes zero sense. why would wearing a revealing dress be in any way related to her abilities in her job? she has a job. a good one. she doesn't need to perform some perceived elaborate stunt in order to stay relevant or something

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

this makes zero sense. why would wearing a revealing dress be in any way related to her abilities in her job? she has a job. a good one. she doesn't need to perform some perceived elaborate stunt in order to stay relevant or something

I don't know the ins and out of it, and it is only an opinion. This is where I believe there is a misunderstanding of my comments, but women are held to much higher standards than men on TV when it comes to looks (which I disagree with as both should be judged on their ability to do the job and not how they look). Maybe, and it's just a guess, she may feel insecure about a younger, equally attractive female pundit coming through, and wanted to garner attention to prove she was still attractive enough to be in the job. It's a cut throat business and highly competitive.

I also do not think she is good at her job. I believe she got the job because she is so attractive and therefore will lose the job when her looks fade. This isn't sexism on my behalf, but a comment on the state of the industry she works in.

This hardly puts me on a level with an (alleged) sex trafficking rapist, but hey it's 2023 and histrionic behaviour is all the rage.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Do you have any daughters? Would you be ok with her walking around the beach with top off? If you have a son would you have a problem with him doing same?

Whats does this even mean. People in other countries go to lakes and beaches naked all the time and is rarely an issue

14 minutes ago, luckyeddie said:

I don't know the ins and out of it, and it is only an opinion. This is where I believe there is a misunderstanding of my comments, but women are held to much higher standards than men on TV when it comes to looks (which I disagree with as both should be judged on their ability to do the job and not how they look). Maybe, and it's just a guess, she may feel insecure about a younger, equally attractive female pundit coming through, and wanted to garner attention to prove she was still attractive enough to be in the job. It's a cut throat business and highly competitive.

I also do not think she is good at her job. I believe she got the job because she is so attractive and therefore will lose the job when her looks fade. This isn't sexism on my behalf, but a comment on the state of the industry she works in.

This hardly puts me on a level with an (alleged) sex trafficking rapist, but hey it's 2023 and histrionic behaviour is all the rage.

she got the job because she has 140 england caps and knows what she's talking about when it comes to football. you don't feel she's any good, that's entirely up to you. the female pundits don't tend to be the most glamourous actually (i.e. karen carney, eni aluko and jill scott) so don't believe this comment is in any way accurate

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Whats does this even mean. People in other countries go to lakes and beaches naked all the time and is rarely an 

What do you mean what does this mean? I thought it was obvious you said why are men allowed to walk around topless and women are not?

So im asking you are you ok if your daughter went round the town topless like a man would if it were your son?

Furthermore women are more likely than men to have pervs perving over them. I bet these lakss you are referring to are full of men and not many women. Id suspect some of the reasons might be women are uncomfortable exposing their breasts, or out of fear a perv will get his camera phone out and take s photo on the sly

29 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Whats does this even mean. People in other countries go to lakes and beaches naked all the time and is rarely an issue

When I went to my lads sport presentation in the summer, I had shorts on that showed a chunk  of Folly’s foot

I now have to sign the register once a month and I’m not allowed near children

One rule for female football pundits and another for Joe Public

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

she got the job because she has 140 england caps and knows what she's talking about when it comes to football. you don't feel she's any good, that's entirely up to you. the female pundits don't tend to be the most glamourous actually (i.e. karen carney, eni aluko and jill scott) so don't believe this comment is in any way accurate

That's fair enough, we agree to disagree 

1 hour ago, luckyeddie said:

I don't carry hate in my heart, if I do judge someone it is for their actions and not their circumstances. So no, my main emotion towards refugees is empathy for the intolerable situation they find themselves in, which is not their fault.

Also, where are these insulting comments coming from. Have I upset you or triggered something in you, because the way you are coming at me suggests that. If I have I am genuinely sorry.

We can agree to avoid each other on this forum if you like.

Your aggressive projections really are unnecessary.

I just find your views on this pretty awful and I thought your original post was pretty disgusting. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, luckyeddie said:

I thought the the dress was inappropriate, so obviously I am a henious human being

No, you are not heinous. You are a product of your conditioning. Now how do you (and we in general) examine our conditioning?

Another binary thread. Accept the binary or your a misogynistic slaaaaag!

An I don't believe you @chrisp65  your just trying to fit the narrative, If you would go to a event with your daughter in a see through dress, you probably think it's acceptable to let her walk around the house topless when you mates are round, I mean comon, they wouldn't be looking at your daughters tits would they, they are like you, "with the times".  I'm also hoping your daughter would have more respect than go to an event with her dad with her tits as good as showing.

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

An I don't believe you @chrisp65  your just trying to fit the narrative, If you would go to a event with your daughter in a see through dress, you probably think it's acceptable to let her walk around the house topless when you mates are round, I mean comon, they wouldn't be looking at your daughters tits would they, they are like you, "with the times".  I'm also hoping your daughter would have more respect than go to an event with her dad with her tits as good as showing.

So what is the third way between misogynistic and not? Does it have a name?

8 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Thanks for tagging me in, I only usually get to see your contributions if someone else quotes them.

The word is and, start spelling and correctly, an we can have a chat.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Just a reminder. Because of a dress she wore, you insulted her, said she had no brains and said she shouldn't be taken seriously in her chosen profession. That she could only further her career by exploiting men's sexual desires. 

This was after agreeing with someone who said that she should have been in trouble with her employer. 

Just for reference now it looks like you're trying to claim you just thought the dress was inappropriate 

The dress isn’t even inappropriate. 

If she was presenting the WSL in it then yeah it’s inappropriate. 

But at a magazine fashion awards, it’s completely fine. She’s not the first woman to wear a see through dress and she won’t be the last

• Like 3

Â