Judge Mental's Sexism and Misogyny Topic

bannedfromHandV

7 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I'm judging her choice of clothing. 

I don't see Alex Scott as a sex object or any women for that matter. 

I'm judging her on the fact, of all the dresses in the world she could of worn, with how all these female ex-players and pundits have been on Radio/TV sounding off about men's sexist views concerning their involvement in football, she chose to wear that dress.

She's on a night out. She didn't wear that dress playing or working. They're not connected at all. 

Judging her professional work by what she wears on a night out is a ridiculous point of view. The two aren't connected at all. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, luckyeddie said:

Yes, we are at cross purposes. But I am going to stop now because this conversation is just going to descend.

Well the fact you've chosen to get angry about a dress and rip this person to shreds because of it on a public forum shows the kind of person you are. 

Hence my comparison to the toxic views shared by Andrew Tate. 

• Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

What point? 

That if she goes out with her tits on display, she's going to get men commenting? 

What does she think is going to happen? 

I’d have thought anyone would comment as it’s a daring outfit.

The fact that (certain) blokes see an outfit as purely sexual is nothing to do with her and, if anything, would back the views that she may hold/express.

Gentleman, we could discuss this all night and keep going round in circles. 

I respect the views others hold and they are different to myself and another poster on this topic. 

Don't go tarnishing people though, the whole Andrew Tate comment was ridiculous. 

I've got a ribeye to cook and a bottle of Malbec to pop open, so I'm dipping out - not because I've not got more to say on the matter but because we are literally debating with totally differing opinions and won't ever meet in the middle ground. 

2 hours ago, luckyeddie said:

Of course I am, it's called having an opinion. Try it some time rather than piggybacking on "everybody" else's.

Again no counter argument, just a rather patronising "your wrong", that sounds like something you read in a self help book.

You infered that her fashion choice was used as cover for her lack of skill. That is like saying engineers that wear baseball caps are only doing so to cover up their lack of technical expertise. It's a dumb argument, even if we cast gender aside.

I did allude to this in my earlier reply, you just glossed over it. 

Try having an opinion sometimes? And you call me patronizing? 

Edited by osmark86
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, osmark86 said:

You infered that her fashion choice was used as cover for her lack of skill. That is like saying engineers that wear baseball caps are only doing so to cover up their lack of technical expertise. It's a dumb argument, even if we cast gender aside.

I did allude to this in my earlier reply, you just glossed over it. 

Try having an opinion sometimes? And you call me patronizing? 

Do you honestly believe that your analogy of an engineer wearing a baseball cap is the same as AS wearing that dress? Comparing apples to oranges my friend. One is sexual, one is not.

10 minutes ago, luckyeddie said:

Do you honestly believe that your analogy of an engineer wearing a baseball cap is the same as AS wearing that dress? Comparing apples to oranges my friend. One is sexual, one is not.

OK, so some successful lawyer, businessman, engineer etc.. goes on a night out dressed like a love island bloke with tight jeans and tight shirt. It's then OK to assume he's shit at his job and slate him in his chosen profession?

17 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

OK, so some successful lawyer, businessman, engineer etc.. goes on a night out dressed like a love island bloke with tight jeans and tight shirt. It's then OK to assume he's shit at his job and slate him in his chosen profession?

Wouldn’t a better comparison be if a football presenter / pundit that @luckyeddiedidnt think was good at his job went out dressed as you just said?  

she is also a role model for lots of young girls and boys and from that perspective, I wish role models set a better example … but I know that battle was lost years ago

Ultimately,  she can wear what she wants for a night out and shouldn’t have to suffer any abuse over it.

Edited by tonyh29

1 hour ago, luckyeddie said:

...and neither have any bearing on a person's abilities.

Edit: honestly, if you just left it at "I found that dress awful, inappropriate and screaming for attention" I would have agreed with you. It's the rest you said that made it bonkers.

Edited by osmark86
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

...and neither have any bearing on a person's abilities.

Edit: honestly, if you just left it at "I found that dress awful, inappropriate and screaming for attention" I would have agreed with you. It's the rest you said that made it bonkers.

I think in his head and those that have agreed, think that's all he did. 

Â