Judge Mental's Sexism and Misogyny Topic

bannedfromHandV

Oh, I'm late to the party here. 

Generally I'm happy for ladies to wear whatever they goddam please. 

Will I judge them? Undoubtedly. Sorry probably wrong of me. I'm a flawed human and a older man. I will form an opinion. 

My question though about Alex Scott and other women with a similar outfit (she's not the first and won't be the last to wear a see through top) is what would happen if she just turned up topless? 

Is wearing a totally see through top different to just being topless? If she just walked down New Street on a Saturday afternoon topless would that be breaking any law? Like legal law, not decency rules. 

It's not a simple nipple show top is it? It's a sheer see through? 

I'd much rather blokes didn't walk round the streets topless. In my opinion it's not nice. But there is no actual law being broken there is there? 

Dunno.  It's a can of worms. 

I think she's a shit commentator because of her horrible accent, it really grates on me.

Rather like Linekar her actual presentation is getting better though. Gary was like a fish out of water early days but he got smoother. She can't change that bloody accent though. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

Will I judge them? Undoubtedly. Sorry probably wrong of me. I'm a flawed human and a older man. I will form an opinion. 

My question though about Alex Scott and other women with a similar outfit (she's not the first and won't be the last to wear a see through top) is what would happen if she just turned up topless? 

Is wearing a totally see through top different to just being topless? If she just walked down New Street on a Saturday afternoon topless would that be breaking any law? Like legal law, not decency rules. 

I'd much rather blokes didn't walk round the streets topless. In my opinion it's not nice. But there is no actual law being broken there is there? 

I think she's a shit commentator because of her horrible accent, it really grates on me.

Rather like Linekar her actual presentation is getting better though. Gary was like a fish out of water early days but he got smoother. She can't change that bloody accent though. 

Glad to see there is some balanced honesty here

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

Regarding the topless thing. I dont see many beer bellied men who walk around topless in the summer get pulled up for legal or decency laws. Newcastle fan base for one should be in prison

Why are men allowed walk aroumd topless and women arent?

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Regarding the topless thing. I dont see many beer bellied men who walk around topless in the summer get pulled up for legal or decency laws. Newcastle fan base for one should be in prison

The Newcastle lads have got bigger tits than she has

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I don’t suppose many people have wanked over Barry from Newcastle’s tits , so I guess in simple terms topless men hasn’t been sexualised in the same way as topless women have 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Ask your kids if you don't know??

Be lovely to live in some peoples idealistic world it really would.

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

I don’t suppose many people have wanked over Barry from Newcastle’s tits , so I guess in simple terms topless men hasn’t been sexualised in the same way as topless women have 

Difficult but possible if you concentrate 

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

It probably is wrong but it's just a simple fact that women have more naughty bits than men. 

In some cultures walking around showing ladies breasts is culturally acceptable, but in The UK apart from some authorised areas like nudie beaches you're not allowed to. 

In Spain it's OK to go on the beach topless but not walk down the road. 

Our culture has decided upon these rules. 

Men's tits have been decided as not sexual. Women's have. So for me a change in the law is needed for her dress to be "proper" to wear, rightly or wrongly. 

For what it's worth I would be delighted to spend some time in the company of Ms Scott in that dress, as long as she kept her gob shut. 

I probably would stare at her tits quite a lot though. I'm a bloke, she's pretty and her tits are on show. I'd struggle to not look at them. 

36 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It probably is wrong but it's just a simple fact that women have more naughty bits than men. 

In some cultures walking around showing ladies breasts is culturally acceptable, but in The UK apart from some authorised areas like nudie beaches you're not allowed to. 

Men's tits have been decided as not sexual. Women's have. So for me a change in the law is needed for her dress to be "proper" to wear, rightly or wrongly. 

For what it's worth I would be delighted to spend some time in the company of Ms Scott in that dress, as long as she kept her gob shut. 

I probably would stare at her tits quite a lot though. I'm a bloke, she's pretty and her tits are on show. I'd struggle to not look at them. 

Hasn't the biological aspect affected the rules too, not only culture? As in, you're wired such that it's a struggle not to look, but that isn't the case for a bloke's tits - neither for you nor anyone else really?

Not saying the rules are right, or not driven by culture decisions, just a musing. Isn't that culture has decided so that we can concentrate on whatever else we have to do rather than just gawping? And I'll immediately counter that thought myself with perhaps if they were more frequently on show like with blokes then there wouldn't be as much gawping.

Edited by fightoffyour

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

Hasn't the biological aspect affected the rules too, not only culture? As in, you're wired such that it's a struggle not to look, but that isn't the case for a bloke's tits - neither for you nor anyone else really?

It is a little odd. 

Pretty much any woman you talk to will talk about anything from annoyance to down right anger, and definitely being uncomfortable with a large proportion of men who will "talk to my tits".

I've heard so many women say this, so it does seem odd to then go out with them fully exposed which is going to attract eyes to them.  Maybe this is something that doesn't bother her. 

Would have been fascinating to have been around the room as she's interacting with people and watch men's faces when talking to her. Those almost sweating under the pressure of ignoring them. Those blatantly staring at them and the number of sly side glances. 

Would be hilarious people watching. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I think it was Vance Packard (The Hidden Persuaders) who claimed that it was the marketing people of bra manufacturers who established the female breast as an erotic symbol.

Certainly in the 1920s having a flat chest was all the rage and the Flappers used to strap their mammaries down, which made Twiggy ideal for the role in The Boyfriend.

It seems likely that men can be trained to associate any number of female physical attributes with desirability, and it would seem from the obsession with the attributes of our own Ms Lehmann, that we have entered an age when glutes are king.

As far as I remember, Darcy doesn't mention Lizzy Bennet's tits once, in Pride and Prejudice.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

I think it was Vance Packard (The Hidden Persuaders) who claimed that it was the marketing people of bra manufacturers who established the female breast as an erotic symbol.

Certainly in the 1920s having a flat chest was all the rage and the Flappers used to strap their mammaries down, which made Twiggy ideal for the role in The Boyfriend.

It seems likely that men can be trained to associate any number of female physical attributes with desirability, and it would seem from the obsession with the attributes of our own Ms Lehmann, that we have entered an age when glutes are king.

As far as I remember, Darcy doesn't mention Lizzy Bennet's tits once, in Pride and Prejudice.

Women smoking in high heeled boots

20 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

This is demonstrably nonsense. Images of women and their breasts as an erotic motif have been present in paintings since at least the Renaissance period

I thought the the dress was inappropriate, so obviously I am a henious human being, but for everyone with a differing opinion I would genuinely be interested in you answers to these questions

1. Would you be happy to go out in public with your daughter, sister, wife or mother if they were wearing that exact outfit?(this was asked before but side stepped), and
  2. Why has nobody posted a picture of it on this site?

Just now, luckyeddie said:

I thought the the dress was inappropriate, so obviously I am a henious human being, but for everyone with a differing opinion I would genuinely be interested in you answers to these questions

1. Would you be happy to go out in public with your daughter, sister, wife or mother if they were wearing that exact outfit?(this was asked before but side stepped), and
  2. Why has nobody posted a picture of it on this site?

No, it wasn't for thinking the dress was inappropriate. If you'd just said the dress was inappropriate I doubt you'd have had the same level of response. 

But you keep convincing yourself that's all it was. 

• Like 2

Â