Judge Mental's Sexism and Misogyny Topic

bannedfromHandV

LOL, I wish I'd never post it now. 

What my issue is, is nothing to do with her punditry and wearing that dress doesn't affect that (for the record, I think she is absolutely awful). 

It's the fact that you can almost guarentee, she'd be near the front of the que banging the drum about men seeing female players as sex objects or making remarks about their appearance, then she rocks up to an event, that she knows full well will have a lot of media attention, dressed like - in my eyes - a classless tramp. 

At least it reminded me to put eggs on my shopping list. 

15 minutes ago, luckyeddie said:

You still haven't offered a counter argument, just spat your dummy out twice, and given an over inflated opinion.

Basically everyone here has already offered you the same arguments I have. But, in short you are projecting your own perceptions of intent on another person. Even worse you are connecting the dots between vanity and expertise in a silly manner.

Edited by osmark86

1 hour ago, luckyeddie said:

Lot to unpack there, thanks for the reply

I do not rate her, yes but that is only a subjective opinion (and I thought that before I saw her nipples). I listen to women like Maggie Alphonso and Alison Mitchell, top notch commentators who do not need to behave like this (we may be of a different generation, so may have differing standards. I do not know your circumstances, but how would you react if your daughter, sister, wife or mother went out in that outfit, knowing it would be plastered all over the press the next day).

My opinion is that it is ashame that women have to / decide to do this to gain attention and recognition. It would be preferable if they could be rated for their ability rather than their appearance (as the two examples above), but as you say it has happened forever, sex sells.

I do believe there is a correlation between her lack of punditry ability and exposure.

As an actress, Jennifer Lawrence has performed full frontal nudity, and also has a " leaked" picture collection, so I think it is comparing apples to oranges. Nudity is part of acting but not punditry.

Basically I am saying let their skills speak for themselves, and leave sex appeal out of it. To me it's like Page 3 models, most men like looking at attractive topless models, but not within the context of serious news. There's a time and a place for each of them.

I have two daughters and people like you and some others on here in different threads, concern me way more than the idea of them going out in revealing outfits. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

What my issue is, is nothing to do with her punditry and wearing that dress doesn't affect that (for the record, I think she is absolutely awful). 

It's the fact that you can almost guarentee, she'd be near the front of the que banging the drum about men seeing female players as sex objects or making remarks about their appearance, then she rocks up to an event, that she knows full well will have a lot of media attention, dressed like - in my eyes - a classless tramp. 

Have no regrets, I have saved you a seat next to me. I'm in the Adolf Hitler suite, in the Andrew Tate building.😂

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, luckyeddie said:

In all seriousness I don't see it, can you enlighten me, because I believe we might be at cross purposes.

Just the way you seem to view women as if you're above them and they should act in the way you deem acceptable. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I have two daughters and people like you and some others on here in different threads, concern me way more than the idea of them going out in revealing outfits. 

I think that's a bit over the top in all honesty. 

We are talking about a woman, who knew full well wearing what she did would cause a stir. 

Some will think fair play to her, others will see through it and question why the need? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I don't understand your point? 

You've created a made up argument that didn't happen to allow you to have a go at a woman you don't like and call her a classless tramp.

That's weird. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

You are inferring a lot here. So far you have likened me to Andrew Tate and being a concern for your daughter's safety. The fact I believe that her outfit was inappropriate does not make me a menace to society, and I would ask you to refrain from these overreactions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I think that's a bit over the top in all honesty. 

We are talking about a woman, who knew full well wearing what she did would cause a stir. 

Some will think fair play to her, others will see through it and question why the need? 

As I've said above. You've created a hypothetical situation to attack a woman for the crime of wearing a revealing dress.

I worry way more about people like you than my daughters fashion choices when they're older. 

Edited by DCJonah

Just now, luckyeddie said:

You are inferring a lot here. So far you have likened me to Andrew Tate and being a concern for your daughter's safety. The fact I believe that her outfit was inappropriate does not make me a menace to society, and I would ask you to refrain from these overreactions.

I didnt say anything about safety. 

It's just people who have views like yours. 

20 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

“I guarantee Alex Scott would be front of the queue banging the drum about men seeing women as sex objects, and here I am judging her as a sex object”.

No?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Just the way you seem to view women as if you're above them and they should act in the way you deem acceptable. 

Yes, we are at cross purposes. But I am going to stop now because this conversation is just going to descend.

3 minutes ago, luckyeddie said:

Well this isn't just what you did is it? 

Firstly, getting so wound up about someone's choice of clothing is very odd. 

But you didn't just say it was inappropriate, you've used it to criticise her as a person, rubbish any professional work she's done and just really go to town on her. 

It's weird that a woman's clothing choice would get you this angry. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Basically everyone here has already offered you the same arguments I have. But, in short you are projecting your own perceptions of intent on another person. Even worse you are connecting the dots between vanity and expertise in a silly manner.

Of course I am, it's called having an opinion. Try it some time rather than piggybacking on "everybody" else's.

Again no counter argument, just a rather patronising "your wrong", that sounds like something you read in a self help book.

Edited by luckyeddie
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

As I've said above. You've created a hypothetical situation to attack a woman for the crime of wearing a revealing dress.

I worry way more about people like you than my daughters fashion choices when they're older. 

Google Alex Scott sexism. She's had plenty to say about what men have said in the past about her yet then goes out wearing what she did. I'd call that very naive. 

And my perception of what she is wearing is obviously different to yours. I'd be horrified if my wife decided she needed to wear something like that, because she doesn't need to to look beautiful. So yes, in my eyes, that dress is totally classless and has been worn for one reason only. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

“I guarantee Alex Scott would be front of the queue banging the drum about men seeing women as sex objects, and here I am judging her as a sex object”.

No?

I'm judging her choice of clothing. 

I don't see Alex Scott as a sex object or any women for that matter. 

I'm judging her on the fact, of all the dresses in the world she could of worn, with how all these female ex-players and pundits have been on Radio/TV sounding off about men's sexist views concerning their involvement in football, she chose to wear that dress.

Just now, UpTheVilla26 said:

I'm judging her choice of clothing. 

I don't see Alex Scott as a sex object or any women for that matter. 

I'm judging her on the fact, of all the dresses in the world she could of worn, with how all these female ex-players and pundits have been on Radio/TV sounding off about men's sexist views concerning their involvement in football, she chose to wear that dress.

She’s just proving her point, in that case. 

11 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Google Alex Scott sexism. She's had plenty to say about what men have said in the past about her yet then goes out wearing what she did. I'd call that very naive. 

And my perception of what she is wearing is obviously different to yours. I'd be horrified if my wife decided she needed to wear something like that, because she doesn't need to to look beautiful. So yes, in my eyes, that dress is totally classless and has been worn for one reason only. 

So she can't be upset with what men have said and then can't wear what she wants? 

So she has to wear what men deem acceptable or she has to take abuse? And you wonder why views like this concern me?

• Like 1

Â