Jeremy Doku

Delphinho123

4 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Romano and Percy both reported our interest in him being real in addition to Diaby. 

Thanks - I'd missed that.  But happy that it supports my view that the two links were not connected.  I think one more attacking player plus Archer and JP-B gives us some pretty exciting options.

If we can afford Doku, may be we buy him and let the midfielders fight it out, and whoever prevails remains. With premier league exposure it’s possible we could make money on whoever we decide to off load.

I’m not convinced by Doku, he could potentially be all show and no end product. His goals and assists stats aren’t that great. Also doesn’t he mainly play RW, where I would have thought Diaby will operate more than on the left?

47 minutes ago, burchy said:

I’m not convinced by Doku, he could potentially be all show and no end product. His goals and assists stats aren’t that great. Also doesn’t he mainly play RW, where I would have thought Diaby will operate more than on the left?

Both can play both sides, Diaby played mostly RW but is equally effective on the left.

1 hour ago, burchy said:

His goal and assist stats are great. It's just that he hasn't played that many minutes and his teammates are poor finishers so his actual assists are a lot lower than his xA/90. And he outperforms his xG significantly as well. 

• Like 2

Just watching him vs West Ham in today's friendly, he is awesome, they can’t contain him. A threat every time he has the ball, where ever he receives it. So quick of thought, his decision making is excellent, he is a threat with every touch. He is very creative. He would be a terrific signing.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Just watching him vs West Ham in today's friendly, he is awesome, they can’t contain him. A threat every time he has the ball, where ever he receives it. So quick of thought, his decision making is excellent, he is a threat with every touch. He is very creative. He would be a terrific signing.

Very much a Messi type player. Gets the ball beats a man and then he is off . But with vision as well. Him and Diaby would kill defences . 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Very much a Messi type player. Gets the ball beats a man and then he is off . But with vision as well. Him and Diaby would kill defences . 

Diaby, Watkins, Doku as a forward 3 infront of Kamara, Luiz and Tielemans. Wow 🤩 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Was his name Jeremy?  

I reckon we might take a chance on this lad.  Can he play up front ?

It was more that he used to just go “welcome x player” at random to every single link 🤣

• Haha 1

On 28/07/2023 at 21:46, thunderball said:

If we can afford Doku, may be we buy him and let the midfielders fight it out, and whoever prevails remains. With premier league exposure it’s possible we could make money on whoever we decide to off load.

Like a royal rumble?

It’s not that we need him, it’s that we if we don’t buy him now then that opportunity will be gone, he could be a world class. If we’re looking to this season only, it makes sense to get Torres or Joao, but if we’re looking at the potential then it’s totally different. 
I’d sell Bailey if it means we can get Doku and I rate Bailey. 

Â