Jeremy Doku

Delphinho123

9 hours ago, Thug said:

5 goals and 10 assists in 75 Ligue 1 appearances.

all fart and no shit if you ask me.  Man City are welcome to him.  Gonna be another Adama Traore.

The trouble is you are forgetting the ‘Pep’ factor, he will condition him and take him to the next level,  That muggy caaaant Trevor Sinclair will notice the improvement in a few days on the radio (like he did with snake boy) and after a difficult first season of sucking all his natural flair out of him and replacing his body with nuts, bolts and circuit boards he will be ‘what you would call a Pep player (said in a smarmy Mancunian accent whilst celebrating the death of the Queen) 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Thug said:

all fart and no shit if you ask me.  Man City are welcome to him.  Gonna be another Adama Traore.

As a 19-21 year old with many sub apperances among them. And it's 10 goals, 7 assists (should be significantly more) in about 46 games worth of minutes. A goal or assist every in under every 3 games (and again should probably be closer to 1 in 2).

5 hours ago, Thug said:

You must have watched a lot of him to come to that conclusion? 

He has a near identical goal + assist ratio per 90 as our boy Jack did at similar age in the Championship.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Seems a bit of a weird signing for Man City, but he's a very exciting player.

i dunno if man city think he can play the left wide player, central midfielder, left back hybrid role like zinchenko did or they have sergio gomez in there now

he's a strange signing, almost like a club with too much money...he's not exactly a risk for them, financially they wont care

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Thug said:

Another Bertrand Traore you mean...

24 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Price seems to have almost doubled since we were originally linked with him 😐

Like Chelsea and Liverpool, they don't need to quibble about the odd £30m. :rolleyes:

44 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Another Bertrand Traore you mean...

9 PL goals 7 PL assists in 29 starts as a winger for us?

Very harsh to tar him with the same brush as a guy who has 10 goals and 18 assists in 200 PL games. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

As a 19-21 year old with many sub apperances among them. And it's 10 goals, 7 assists (should be significantly more) in about 46 games worth of minutes. A goal or assist every in under every 3 games (and again should probably be closer to 1 in 2).

You remember that guy called Malcolm?

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

You must have watched a lot of him to come to that conclusion? 

He has a near identical goal + assist ratio per 90 as our boy Jack did at similar age in the Championship.

Nope.  I don’t think I’ve seen him at all.

Could be the next Maradona for all I know.

You’re giving my post way too much credit by calling it a ‘conclusion’ .

There have been many teenagers who have had plenty of goals and assists at a decent level of competition.

Ryan Sessegnon scored about 15 and assisted another 6 as a 17yr old in the championship - which would be about the same level as Ligue 1.  Has kind of faded away since so goals and assists don’t mean a lot like you point out.

All I’m saying is flicks and tricks don’t always tell you the whole picture.

£55m is a big fee, but I’m guessing that if there’s a club that can gamble that, then it’s City.  £55m for us would have been far too much.

Like I said, less a ‘conclusion’ and more of ‘I hope he turns out to be shit.’ for obvious reasons.

34 minutes ago, Thug said:

Nope.  I don’t think I’ve seen him at all.

Could be the next Maradona for all I know.

You’re giving my post way too much credit by calling it a ‘conclusion’ .

There have been many teenagers who have had plenty of goals and assists at a decent level of competition.

Ryan Sessegnon scored about 15 and assisted another 6 as a 17yr old in the championship - which would be about the same level as Ligue 1.  Has kind of faded away since so goals and assists don’t mean a lot like you point out.

All I’m saying is flicks and tricks don’t always tell you the whole picture.

£55m is a big fee, but I’m guessing that if there’s a club that can gamble that, then it’s City.  £55m for us would have been far too much.

Like I said, less a ‘conclusion’ and more of ‘I hope he turns out to be shit.’ for obvious reasons.

I stopped reading there 🤣

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

I stopped reading there 🤣

You really didn’t though did you 😂😂😂

You may laugh…

https://theathletic.com/2641458/2021/06/19/the-championship-has-more-players-at-the-euros-than-ligue-1-does-it-deserve-more-respect/?amp=1

So far at Euro 2020, players from Championship clubs have hit the back of the net twice — not a bad return as the group stage reaches its halfway point.

A total of 31 players from England’s second tier are representing their countries at the tournament, which makes the Championship its sixth-best represented league. That is more than France’s Ligue 1 and the Eredivisie in the Netherlands.

33 minutes ago, villan95 said:

I kind of agree that beyond the top few teams in Ligue 1 I don't find the standard wholly convincing, and it would also explain why players like Guilbert look good there.

yet Messi struggled for about a year in France :P  

Â