Jeremy Doku

Delphinho123

On 23/07/2023 at 15:48, Keener window-cleaner said:

The comparision I made was the feeling when I saw a player for the first time, and the few players you instantly think wow what is this. Ronaldinho, the first time I saw him did these amazing tricks, Adama Traore when I saw him against CP made some incredible bursts. Doku, the first time I saw him did both the Ronaldinho tricks and the Traore bursts. Can’t remember many other players that have had that instant wow-factor on me. Saint-Maximan perhaps, but he instantly also looked a bit of a clown.

If you think I compared Doku, Ronaldinho and Traore as players in general you have misunderstood.

You must be easily impressed 🤣

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I'm certain Doku was a diversion to try and hurry along the Diaby deal. 

I think the Diaby deal was a lot more straight-forward then has been suggested through the media / SM channels and that we (the club) knew that the deal was going to be done a good couple of weeks ago.  So I don't think that any diversions were required.  It remains to be seen whether we were / are interested in Doku - but I don't think that if there was interest it was "fake".

30 minutes ago, allani said:

I think the Diaby deal was a lot more straight-forward then has been suggested through the media / SM channels and that we (the club) knew that the deal was going to be done a good couple of weeks ago.  So I don't think that any diversions were required.  It remains to be seen whether we were / are interested in Doku - but I don't think that if there was interest it was "fake".

I think he may have been sounded out as a plan B if Diaby didn't go through for whatever reason. 

• Like 1

If Diaby gets injured or plays as a second striker we’ve currently have Traore & Buendia to replace him on the right. On the left we have Bailey & Coutinho. It’s all about the strength of the squad now not just 1st XI so can see it happening if we are still interested at the right cost given his obvious potential…

I don't think we'll be making any more major signings until we've seen a few leave. 

Back up keeper yes, and maybe a RB depending on the strength we're aiming for there, but not £20m+ forward players.

I doubt that will happen at all but you never know - some late window trading could be on the cards.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lexicon said:

I think he may have been sounded out as a plan B if Diaby didn't go through for whatever reason. 

That's more possible.  It might also be that he or Gnonto are being considered as added "impact" depth to our attack.

4 hours ago, allani said:

Romano and Percy both reported our interest in him being real in addition to Diaby. 

• Like 1

Â