Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, Cizzler said:

I genuinely don't remember this. I remember Watkins' backheeled one (but I think that was second half) wide, when I think a bit more composure and the pass to (I think it was..) Diaby was on.

He got out through by Tielemans I think with a lofted through ball. He controlled it well but he tried to backheel it to Bailey and messed it up.

What I do like about Diaby is he's getting himself into these positions to score or assist. It's just that final decision making or composure that ultimately is his downfall.

With a bit of polish he could have scored 2 and had 2-3 assists last night.

It's infuriating to watch at times and I understand the stick he's getting lately. He'll either turn out to be tremendous next season or a bit of a waste. Be interesting to see anyway.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Love Moussa. He even developed in the game. Clearly confidence issue but his surging run for the third goal exemplifies what he can do, cut a hole straight through the middle of a team with electric pace. When he's running on instinct he is lethal, if that strike where he was clear but about 30 yards out had gone in, the ground would have exploded. He had the balls to try though, always shwoing for the ball and trying.

If we can exploit him and Duran we have two very dangerous weapons. If Emery can do this with Bailey and Watkins he can certainly do it with these two.

Edited by thunderball

He worked his arse off. We haven't seen him really use his pace much this season but he really ran at them at times last night.
If his finishing was sharper, he could have had a hattrick. That will come hopefully. I loved how he chased down the ball in the dying moments down the left back position. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, david-avfc said:

It’s not as clear cut for me, the defender coming in from the middle has blocked off the route for the easy lay off to Duran, it’s possible to do it but would have risked either being intercepted or being misplaced. He probably should have shown more composure than just lashing it at the keeper though  

when you are short of form regarding goalscoring, hit it hard and on target. Thats what he did.

I think if we where given the choice for what Diaby should do, with all things considered, i believe most of us would say we want him to shoot on target. the lay off is too risky especially after things weren't working for him already in the game

You can't fault his effort and he does have an impact on the game more often than not, regardless of how he's playing. He'll find his feet eventually.

30 minutes ago, thunderball said:

we have two very dangerous weapons.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Very very much doubt it. It was absolutely on.

spacer.png

No problem with him taking the shot...but you have to score if there's someone in this good a position next to you.

Watkins has done similar multiple times the last month and it's been very annoying.

Youre seeing something different to me as i think the covering defender has blocked the pass. 

• Like 1

He is class, and will prove his worth next season - loads on here wrote of dougie, Bailey and many others in their first full season - it’s not a league where any good player can just come and perform week in week out if they are not used to it, some call it the best but just about everyone can agree it’s the hardest league. He has played way way more minutes than was probably expected due to all the injuries, and yes he has missed some chances and let himself down with his final ball on occasion at least means he is getting in those goal scorer situations.  

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Finishing school this summer. 20 goals next season. 

When he first started with us... Being clinical WAS his strength... That's why it's weird.

Now it seems he has all the other bits except the final ball and finish.

Just needs to bring it all together 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Youre seeing something different to me as i think the covering defender has blocked the pass. 

I am yes.

Everything is moving towards goal. If he plays a sideways pass, it's right into Duran to smash home.

i would love to see he and Bailey fully clicking next season. you can see glimpses of it on occasion and again last night . Two tricky wee fast attacking gallous wingers on the same wavelength would be class.

Hopefully it'll be like when girls live together long enough their moons sync up

10 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

i would love to see he and Bailey fully clicking next season. you can see glimpses of it on occasion and again last night . Two tricky wee fast attacking gallous wingers on the same wavelength would be class.

Hopefully it'll be like when girls live together long enough their moons sync up

A fully fit  + firing JJ and Rogers on the opposite side as well would be 🔥

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

https://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.tenor.com%2FzvFGZlR8-iQAAAAM%2Feww-brother-eww.gif&hash=acde5e5e7edaf758110e54cde6b88324

Is he our best shit player since Luiz? Bailey? McGinn? We've had so many that loads of people call shite that are actuall really good plpayers.

I'd like to see a Venn diagram of VTers that thought Bruce was fine, Gerrard needed another preseason, that we have no fight, that our season was over in January, that we would never come back from 3-1 down against the scousers, that think Diaby is shite etc...

There seems to be a lot of correlation in these points of view 😜

Last night was typical of Diaby's season, some amazing work, some bad decisions but also very good end product and a couple of skied shots. He'll be twice the player next season I reckon. He's a little gem.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TheMightyVillans said:

10 goals and 9 assists is a very impressive shit season.

His stats are pretty impressive but I think they tend to mask the fact he's turned in quite a few indifferent , frustrating and downright awful performances.   The frustration is that his stats ought to be even better, but he wastes so many attacking opportunities due to lack of composure or confidence, and poor decision making.   Last night was the first time I thought he played well throughout the game and it shows a lot of promise and potential for next season.  But the frustrating elements were still there.   Minimise those and he could be brilliant.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, El Segundo said:

His stats are pretty impressive but I think they tend to mask the fact he's turned in quite a few indifferent , frustrating and downright awful performances.   The frustration is that his stats ought to be even better, but he wastes so many attacking opportunities due to lack of composure or confidence, and poor decision making.   Last night was the first time I thought he played well throughout the game and it shows a lot of promise and potential for next season.  But the frustrating elements were still there.   Minimise those and he could be brilliant.

I think its 40% confidence (physically speaking) he is an absolute weiner and has taken a battering which has led to him only going for balls he knows he will get to first. 

60% is confidence (decision making) the speed of the league takes some getting used to and he's slightly out of sync at the moment which is causing him to second guess himself. 

Fully expect him to improve gradually on both of these points. 

If we can sign another quick player this summer so he doesnt have to play 50 odd games next year that would be a plus as well! 

Â