Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I think if he tries to square it the defenders get there. 

Yeh possibly. Can you imagine Duran scoring a 5 minute hat trick in the last home game of the season against Liverpool. A game we need to win to reach the CL?

Pandemonium. One for the ages. 

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yeh possibly. Can you imagine Duran scoring a 5 minute hat trick in the last home game of the season against Liverpool. A game we need to win to reach the CL?

Pandemonium. One for the ages. 

I think it was this anyway. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I think if he tries to square it the defenders get there. 

Very very much doubt it. It was absolutely on.

spacer.png

No problem with him taking the shot...but you have to score if there's someone in this good a position next to you.

Watkins has done similar multiple times the last month and it's been very annoying.

10 goals, 9 assists - Better stats than a certain 100m player that was adored

If he was just a little calmer in that final moment he could easily make that 15/15

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

He put his foot through it, it was just a great save from Allison.

His miss in the first half was a worse effort, in my opinion. I really don't think the square to Duran is on, there's a much higher scoring % from doing what he did.

I agree. He was right to take on the shot. But his back heel nonsense in the first half wasn’t on 

39 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Very very much doubt it. It was absolutely on.

spacer.png

No problem with him taking the shot...but you have to score if there's someone in this good a position next to you.

Watkins has done similar multiple times the last month and it's been very annoying.

I know it looks easy when just taking a simple screenshot, but getting the weight of that pass correct and having to play it slightly behind yourself when running full pelt and having a defender bearing down on you is much harder than having a decent shot.

I’m not saying it’s impossible; but the overwhelming majority of players are shooting in that scenario because a) potential glory but also b) it’s just the easier option.

On Diaby overall, you can tell there’s a bit of confidence or something missing but he’s not doing the “Bailey thing” of going down injured and making a struggle out of his form. He’s really trying to play through it and, ultimately, his contribution has led to us gaining a very big and, at the time, pretty unlikely point.

He’s had a good first season and gut feeling is that he’ll kick on next time round. Worth remembering he’s “only” 24 as well. Plenty to come from Moussa. 

• Like 2

He absolutely intended the pass to Jhon. He’s watching Moussa’s run and called for the ball and watching it still. I don’t think he’s expecting the shot, but the pass is meant for Duran. 

• Like 1

Considering he is getting criticized for his back heals and other extravagant touches. He could just as easy have tried to square it and it didn't go right and everyone would be in uproar in why he didn't shoot.

Things havnt been going right for him in the final moments which can happen, due to lack of confidence. So he shouldn't be trying to do a thing too smart.

However all his play before final moments, is still excellent. His movement gets him into these great circumstances. his tracking back has saved us alot. 

He's already a good player for us, just needs to sort his head, which I fully expect to happen over the summer.

If he was as clinical as his time at Dortmund, he would have have 2 or 3 goals yesterday

It'll come

• Like 2

1 minute ago, zak said:

Considering he is getting criticized for his back heals and other extravagant touches. He could just as easy have tried to square it and it didn't go right and everyone would be in uproar in why he didn't shoot.

Things havnt been going right for him in the final moments which can happen, due to lack of confidence. So he shouldn't be trying to do a thing too smart.

However all his play before final moments, is still excellent. His movement gets him into these great circumstances. his tracking back has saved us alot. 

He's already a good player for us, just needs to sort his head, which I fully expect to happen over the summer.

If he was as clinical as his time at Dortmund, he would have have 2 or 3 goals yesterday

It'll come

😬

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cb_82 said:

10 goals, 9 assists - Better stats than a certain 100m player that was adored

If he was just a little calmer in that final moment he could easily make that 15/15

Can’t really argue with that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

😬

Lol, you know what, I actually wrote Leverkusen and corrected it to Dortmund, which is even worse

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Can't blame him for shooting. It was a good shot and great save. I firmly believe this lad will be a superstar for us.  

If he squares that and **** it up… people would be screaming at him for not shooting.

What a game for Diaby; frustrating game in many ways too...

Thing is he's always a threat, right? He's getting into dangerous positions due to his pace, having shots, getting assists and generally making things happen.

Next season he will improve again under Emery.

• Like 1

Strange player tbh, can't decide if he's gonna be good enough but one things for sure, he doesn't hide when things aren't going well, he fights , he shows for the ball. He's like a fly, floating all over the place,  getting knocked off the ball, winning tackles, losing possession,  breaking free, chaotic tbh. 

• Like 1

Decision making and confidence, it'll come.

He's in the right positions a lot of the time and even when he's frustrating he's still a player you sit up for when he's got the ball.  

Bailey looked like a lost cause, Diaby doesn't. No reason he can't come through it too in his second season. 

Â