Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

3 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

To be fair to Diaby we’ve taken a winger and placed him in a central role beside Watkins. We’ve got probably one of the fastest players in the league and the majority of his gameplay is receiving the ball with his back facing the goal. 

Is he actually an out and out winger though? Because he rarely beats people.

Bailey and Zaniolo are better out and out wingers. 

Diaby is just lost in form. Aside from not beating anyone, he’s got no conviction in any of his passes, barely trying any incisive passes. 

Seen this all before. Game is just moving too fast for him, he has no idea what his next move is. 

Will come good but brutal to watch right now. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Is he actually an out and out winger though? Because he rarely beats people.

I looked at his bundesliga highlights yesterday and most of his goals are actually from central areas/runs, the big difference id say is the quality of teams and possibly how we create chances. 

Once he gets up to speed he'll be a menace. This league is relentless. New players have to recalibrate their whole game to adjust, and it's harder for faster players who already did everything at 100 mph. Took Bailey almost 2 years to figure out what he can or can't do against PL defenders and how to do it. It's not easy.

When Diaby first came he was playing on instinct, and it was working for a while, but once he started playing the tougher teams and some of the things he was doing weren't coming off anymore, he probably started to second guess himself and now he's in that all too familiar limbo new foreign players often find themselves in. We need to be patient.

Edited by Keyblade
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Once he gets up to speed he'll be a menace. This league is relentless. New players have to recalibrate their whole game to adjust, and it's harder for faster players who already did everything at 100 mph. Took Bailey almost 2 years to figure out what he can or can't do against PL defenders and how to do it. It's not easy.

When Diaby first came he was playing on instinct, and it was working for a while, but once he started playing the tougher teams and some of the things he was doing weren't coming off anymore, he probably started to second guess himself and now he's in that all too familiar limbo new foreign players often find themselves in. We need to be patient.

This..... 

The other factor to consider is he was a completely unknown quantity for opponents' scouting, so teams couldn't really prepare for how to contain/stop him.  I believe he will come good....

• Like 1

I don't understand why recently him and Bailey seem to be playing in the same space and areas, whereas previously when they played together one was on the left and one on the right, but now with a utterly ineffective Ramsey back on the right we seem completely unbalanced.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Keyblade said:

There was an article I read I think it was the Athletic where it said how new signings in the league have faded after initial impacts and that's possibly because of the physical adjustment. Every game is tough and every game is physical.

I'm not worried about Diaby. I like how part of it is Bailey's form and Tielemans form as the second striker etc..

• Like 4

Looked good which is somewhat predictable against a light Burnley side. 

Limping again after the match but hopefully this slower schedule recharges him and the coaches can work 1v1 with him. 

We really need him to put together a strong second half of the season.

He isn't playing where he's supposed to surely? Is he meant to be crashing into Bailey's space constantly? He puts himself in such odd positions really close to teammates where they can't pass the ball to him.

I'd like him to pull his finger out.

Calm down in front of goal Moose. Come on.

13 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

I thought he looked really good today other than his wayward finishing. 

He has always always always been like that. He shoots a lot and he misses a lot and sometimes he scores. Amazing part of our team. A high-performance, highly tuned Ferrari sort of player. 

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He isn't playing where he's supposed to surely? Is he meant to be crashing into Bailey's space constantly? He puts himself in such odd positions really close to teammates where they can't pass the ball to him.

I'd like him to pull his finger out.

Calm down in front of goal Moose. Come on.

Off the ball, he’s almost…too fast if that makes any sense. 

Like he needs to delay his run so long because he’s at point B way too early. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Looked good which is somewhat predictable against a light Burnley side. 

Limping again after the match but hopefully this slower schedule recharges him and the coaches can work 1v1 with him. 

We really need him to put together a strong second half of the season.

He got absolutely clattered in the first half for that free kick Doug put in the wall.  Looked a pretty painful one as the defender squashed him when landing as well.  Overall he seems much happier playing with Bailey, even if he is trying a bit too hard at times and snatching at those chances I think today will have done him good.

• Like 2

Â