Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

20 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Find it really interesting Unai has recruited him specifically to play in the second striker role as a quasi #10/#8. 

He’s been deployed mostly as a winger/wide forward for most of his time in the Bundesliga but his intelligence and run creation, not to mention eye for goal - is perfect for Unai’s system. 

The intelligence and vision of a #10 but with the terrifying pace of a winger. 

He reminds me so much of Mane when he was at Southampton.

He then went to Liverpool and transitioned to one of the best wide forwards in World football.

Diaby with his profile is a real gamechanger for us in final third as we've lacked for so long a forward who can drop off the front line and link effectively with the midfield. He does it brilliantly and looking good for around 15 goals.

Should've also had three more assists but for average Watkins finishing so Ollie needs to step up a bit himself.

4 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

Didn't look for his cutback to Cash so that assist doesn't count. 

Ok mate. Of course you can simplify and just focus one one small part of a series of posts to be funny. It's not alway easy to find the right words for a non native Enligsh speaker, but normally I would assume that you try to understand what someone means, not just picking out one line. If you read the post and the ones thereafter I think it should be clear that it was not just about if he "looked up", it was about his general style of play, that imo is a bit too much of hit and miss, a bit of a headless chicken, and that was one example of it, perhaps not fully valid and should have been better explained. If you compare the two assists and look closer at them it is what I mean, a difference in the playing style. Imo Diaby has really good awareness, which could be seen today, he plays a one-two with Cash so he sees and knows where Cash is and plays a perfect pass to him. Last week end Bailey took a heavy touch and cut it back in a dangerous area (which of course was good, it lead to a goal and it was probably what he could have done in that moment) but it was imo - and that was the point - an example of his playing style, a bit of hit and miss and an element of luck to it. It can also be compared with Watkins assist today, I'm not sure he knew if Cash was there or if it was meant as an assist or not, it also had an element of luck to it, and Watkins passing is also imo not top notch. That also compared to the assists that Digne has got know where you can see that he knows exactly who the cross it meant for. Not as much hit and miss.

• Like 1

Exceptional in the half space and in the #10 role. But delivered good low crosses from left and right.

Economical touches, good decision making in the final third, and good sense of when to lay off and when to drive forward in the middle third. Could easily see 10G/10A in all comps if not just the league. 

https://x.com/buendiazboyz/status/1695954750456385851?s=46&t=7xbyQc9iTNKPf9yZHVZH2g

Â