Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

Bayer Leverkusen transfer: Moussa Diaby transferred to Aston Villa | Football News | Sky Sport

According to exclusive Sky information, the transfer of Leverkusen's Moussa Diaby to Aston Villa is imminent.

The Premier League club has reached an agreement in principle with the Werkself on a transfer. A transfer fee of 50 million euros plus bonus payments is being discussed. Saudi club Al-Nassr had also been intensively courting the Frenchman until recently.

Transfer to be finalized in the coming days

According to Sky information, the transfer will be finalized in the coming days. It is therefore unlikely that Diaby will travel to the training camp in Austria with the Werkself on Sunday.

The Frenchman arrived from Paris Saint-Germain in 2019 for €15 million. Diaby made 04 appearances for Bayer 172 across all competitions. He scored 49 goals and set up 48 more. Now he will go on the hunt for goals in the Premier League.

Edited by CVByrne

6 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Hopefully he's picked us over the money as it means he's fully committed to our project. 

Yes, as silly as it sounds, if he picked the Saudis for the money, he's probably not right for us. But it's so hard to know what some of the footballers are dealing with in their lives and families and their financial situations, and I still can't hold it against a player too much for taking the big money. Most players get, what, 10 years of professional play, if they're lucky, and they have effectively made themselves in their dedication to football unqualified to do much else? So if Saudi comes calling with big money, it can perhaps even seem like an obligation to take it and run.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

I'm a little concerned the interest from Saudi has increased our personal offer to him to a unsustainable amount, especially if he doesn't work out as a signing. 

Hopefully we have some realistic people in charge of these things.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TreeVillan said:

I'm a little concerned the interest from Saudi has increased our personal offer to him to a unsustainable amount, especially if he doesn't work out as a signing. 

Hopefully we have some realistic people in charge of these things.

I think it was probably Leverkusen who courted them to help get our bid up. It could have been Diaby's agent to get a revised offer from us though. We'll never know

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I hope the transfer saga doesn’t affect fans opinions of Diaby himself, if we sign him, for all we know it’s all been total nonsense and he wanted to come here form day one! 

Can’t be stressed enough. It’s utterly unfair to compare him to Bailey, especially that Bailey picked up injuries here through no fault of his own. That’s football sometimes. Either way, we’ve seen how Bailey and Diaby partner up and if we can replicate that we are going to be lightning to watch. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Frodo said:

Very much looks like we've won the race fir Diaby if there ever was one, fantastic signing this very excited regards this absolute weapon of a player 💪 welcome 

I got called an absolute weapon once. I don't think it was meant in a positive light! Delighted with this though, could be another transformative signing.

Edited by DeadlyDirk
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I hope the transfer saga doesn’t affect fans opinions of Diaby himself, if we sign him, for all we know it’s all been total nonsense and he wanted to come here form day one! 

Not a chance ;)

Princess-bride-boo GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

We aren't going to try to compete with the Saudi offer in terms of wages. It's not possible to even get close. 

I'm not sure what's so complicated for people, we agreed personal terms with him and took a while to agree a fee with Leverkusen. Al nassir also agreed a contract with him and were in the process of agreeing a fee with Leverkusen but in the end it looks like he has chosen to move to us. 

Looks to be a very good signing...

Looking at some statistics Diaby is versatile too, equally comfortable playing left or right but slightly more dangerous from the right wing.

Still young, only just 24 years old and he can also improve under Professor Emery.

Â