Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

You can get 150 a week (probably more like 75 after taxes) and break a leg in first training session ending your career.

It's not an easy call really. 

Same could happen in Saudi, no? Also tax free salary isn't really tax free as you still need to file and report taxes in your home country to avoid fraud charges for most countries.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

At 24, I don't know. Maybe if he were 28 or something. Players back themselves. Bailey thought he was going to light it up, or at least his father did. 

fingers crossed you're right and diaby is the exception to the rule

i'm 95% sure that he's off to saudi if such an offer is indeed on the table though

6 hours ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

It's straight out the fake ITK playbook. Plenty of reports that we're interested, put in a bid and still interested. Try and time reporting on a 2nd bid correct and you also get a little bit of leeway if an answer doesn't happen straight away. There's a half decent chance you might look right.

See also the ones that talk about medicals, it's pretty easy to guess and not be a million miles wrong.

He (presuming it's a he) also seems to have done the usual thing they do of just getting a bit carried away and looking more and more fake as the days pass.

It's like people being taken in by Mediums.  "Mike is trying to contact you, no not Mike. Malcolm. Sorry Mary.  Oh yes, yes Madeleine, you're being contacted by recently deceased sister Madeleine, yes as I said Aunt Madeleine. 

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's like people being taken in by Mediums.  "Mike is trying to contact you, no not Mike. Malcolm. Sorry Mary.  Oh yes, yes Madeleine, you're being contacted by recently deceased sister Madeleine, yes as I said Aunt Madeleine. 

I'm getting a word....

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Same could happen in Saudi, no? Also tax free salary isn't really tax free as you still need to file and report taxes in your home country to avoid fraud charges for most countries.

Of course it could happen in Saudi. But he'd be many millions of £ better off. That's why it's a difficult decision. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

You can get 150 a week (probably more like 75 after taxes) and break a leg in first training session ending your career.

It's not an easy call really. 

Oh my god. So they'll have to somehow see out the rest of their unfortunate lives on a mere £31m + insurance payout? 

wont-somebody-please-think-of-the-childr

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

In fact Saudi might well turn around and say tough shit, we're not paying another penny. So sue me. 

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

So both Newcastle and Chelsea have structured ties with Saudi.

Is the Al Nassr bid to undermine Aston Villa?

Seems plausible, Villa are now a rival, Emery also turned down Saudi money...

Doubt it, that would require a lot of planning and structure with no indication that kind of thing is in place

More than likely this is his agent or leverkusen using the saudis to scare villa in to putting more money in to it, just like how man City were supposedly interested in rice which forced arsenal in to added £20m on to their bid

This is going to happen a lot

Edit - I'm sure as the negotiations are ongoing villa also have no problem with the Doku rumour coming out today

Edited by villa4europe

5 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Did someone compare this lad to Mane? Sure I saw a comment like that…

Does he really have the potential to be that good?

Might’ve been @paul514 ?

I didn’t compare him to Mane but he does have the ability to be as good.

look at his output for the past 3 years it probably isn’t that dissimilar per 90

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Doubt it, that would require a lot of planning and structure with no indication that kind of thing is in place

More than likely this is his agent or leverkusen using the saudis to scare villa in to putting more money in to it, just like how man City were supposedly interested in rice which forced arsenal in to added £20m on to their bid

This is going to happen a lot

I thought the rumour was that personal terms had pretty much been agreed and that the negotiation now was between the clubs?  In which case it would be unlikely that his agent would release a rumour that might scupper a deal that presumably the player is happy with?  I mean it's a bold call to say "listen I know you're happy with the offer and we're hoping that the clubs can agree a fee in the next couple of days - so I think what I should do is make up a story about another team coming in with a much higher offer and much higher wages - as that will speed things up".  With the numbers mentioned all it is likely to do is make Villa say "goodbye we'll go elsewhere".

Yes, how dare he secure himself for the rest of his life instead of joining a Premier League club.  Shame on him for accepting all that money!

This will come down to either cash or desire to test himself.  We will see. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Or, get £150k/week in the best league in the world, still playing in Europe, and if I do well I can get close to £350k in my next move to a bigger club, seeing as I'm still 24.

Or you move to the best league in the world, do your ACL etc and suddenly you can’t get back to where you were. And that 350k a week is never in reach again. Neves has come out and said he put the money he was offered before his career as it was more beneficial to his family. I can respect both 

• Like 2

He will probably go there for the money.

I wonder how many of our targets we have lost out on because of oil money wether that be in Europe or direct over there. We must be quite far down proffered list of targets now!

Â