The Moral Maze - Age of Consent

Seat68

7 minutes ago, trekka said:

Yes saw that and that the idiot was outed by other Twitter users as someone who used to be the ticket manager at a Football club until he was caught having stolen £90k. Then the idiot actually posted his address in a come and have a go if you think you’re hard enough kind of way and doesn't seem to believe he'll get a letter from the lawyers.

Twitter is full of numbskulls like that. Absolute cesspool

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

99% of sex offenders are male.  

One of the random facts I remember from my law degree was that under UK law, it is impossible for a woman to 'rape' a man. It obviously happens but is classed as sexual assault and not rape.

On the stat above I'd also suggest that it's potentially due to the stigma or alternative viewpoint of men being assaulted by women. I've seen women do things to guys, (shoving hands down trousers, lifting kilts and grabbing a feel etc) and the guy's either laughed it off or didn't want to make a fuss. This even happened to me when I was younger and I ignored it.

Obviously a lot of women sadly don't report offences that happen to them too so it's impossible to really judge the statistics. 

Really not sure how I feel about the story based off limited info known, but do feel the age of consent laws need to be looked at.

At 17 you can drive a car, get married (in Scotland), join the army and become an officer in training, leave home without parent's consent, have a full time job, be elected to a Community Council, leave the country without consent,  consent to medical treatment, give blood, vote in Scotland, own a pet, have a pilot's licence and more including actually having sex with someone.

However, you can't send nude pictures to someone (plus various other things).

Doesn't feel right for there to be different levels and age limits, either up it all to 18 or decrease it all to 16 (or whatever age).

• Like 2

Let us not forget that the story comes from the Sun.  

The paper that printed topless 16 year olds on page 3.  

Also the paper that would run countdowns to a girls 16th birthday so that they could print their picture. 

This might belong on the unpopular opinion thread ... but reading through the comments here ... we, in the West in particular, are infected/indoctrinated with post-Christian prudery when it comes to nudity and sexuality.

1 hour ago, bickster said:

There are plenty of rich older women paying for dick pics these days

Sounds like someone speaking from experience 

15 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Let us not forget that the story comes from the Sun.  

The paper that printed topless 16 year olds on page 3.  

Also the paper that would run countdowns to a girls 16th birthday so that they could print their picture. 

As was covered on the Murdoch thread, totally legal at the time.

Creepy yes, but not illegal. 

32 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

This might belong on the unpopular opinion thread ... but reading through the comments here ... we, in the West in particular, are infected/indoctrinated with post-Christian prudery when it comes to nudity and sexuality.

Yet it’s not us that pixilate Japanese flaps. 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

Tell that to the Taliban and other Islamic regimes. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Yes saw that and that the idiot was outed by other Twitter users as someone who used to be the ticket manager at a Football club until he was caught having stolen £90k. Then the idiot actually posted his address in a come and have a go if you think you’re hard enough kind of way and doesn't seem to believe he'll get a letter from the lawyers.

Twitter is full of numbskulls like that. Absolute cesspool

Weirdly that Andy Plumbs posts have popped up a couple of times on my feed over the last week with people commenting on some of his hateful tweets.

Just now, AlwaysAVFC said:

Weirdly that Andy Plumbs posts have popped up a couple of times on my feed over the last week with people commenting on some of his hateful tweets.

had a quick look. he sounds like an absolute delight doesn't he. i'd love to see him get sued

9 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

I agree it should not be left to politicians, because if it was, it would be 12

or lower

And if it was left to a referendum it might end up at age 42

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Tell that to the Taliban and other Islamic regimes. 

Not convinced there are many if any religions that have get your baps out for the lads as one of their equivalent of the ten comandments

Â