The Moral Maze - Age of Consent

Seat68

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

The BBC story quotes the parents saying the payments started when he was 17, it also states that although they tried to contact them they haven’t replied.

On its own the parents comments aren’t evidence of anything

It also doesn’t appear that there is police involvement as yet but strangely there is a newspaper story

The OnlyFans thing was a hypothetical question

I was initially responding to @Demitri_C about the comment about it’s not a story/illegal. It potentially is as the facts are still a bit sketchy. Money was paid to a 17 year old but we don’t know if that’s when this sharing of images started.

In the original post from @Seat68 suggested the person was selling the pictures via onlyfans which I don’t think was the case (that could have been a hypothetical scenario too).

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

In the original post from @Seat68 suggested the person was selling the pictures via onlyfans which I don’t think was the case (that could have been a hypothetical scenario too)

It didn’t 

What about this. The person who was creating pictures for cash was doing it via Only Fans and the BBC star was one of many sending money?

…purely "could this potentially, be the case"?

It’s a hypothetical question.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

A 17 year old does not a paedophile make

Inappropriate behaviour, morally wrong, yes most definitely but not a paedophile.

It wouldn’t have been illegal if these two people had actual physical sex.

Might be a bit whataboutery this but wasn't the girl involved with Prince Andrew 17? I know the law is different in the US but people still call him a nonce on a daily basis. 

Very interesting to see a number of the names being casually thrown around deciding to do something about it - one reporting people making allegations to the police, another publicly stating he's taken legal advice on defamation.

I guess we’ll find out soon enough if its a ‘big name’ and they’re obviously missing.

I know one thing, anybody uninvolved that was thinking of throwing a sickie week, they’ll be in early and sticking in a memorable shift now.

8 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I know one thing, anybody uninvolved that was thinking of throwing a sickie week, they’ll be in early and sticking in a memorable shift now.

"I know i'm on annual leave next week, but I want to come in and work"

• Like 1

Here’s a question.

Why are all the names that people are randomly chucking about on Twitter etc all male?
All I know is BBC presenter. It seems to have automatically been decided that it’s a male. Half the names are obviously in the gay / potentially gay bracket and the others are people Daily Heil readers don’t like (or both obviously)

If it is a female, how does that change opinions?

Its easy to say it’s exactly the same (and it mostly is) but I suspect that opinions may be different

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

All I know is BBC presenter. It seems to have automatically been decided that it’s a male.

The BBC have confirmed a male presenter has been suspended.  They've also contacted the police. 

EDIT: I appreciate names were being banded about on Twitter etc before the statement though. 

BBC

Edited by trekka

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Here’s a question.

Why are all the names that people are randomly chucking about on Twitter etc all male?
All I know is BBC presenter. It seems to have automatically been decided that it’s a male. Half the names are obviously in the gay / potentially gay bracket and the others are people Daily Heil readers don’t like (or both obviously)

Its easy to say it’s exactly the same (and it mostly is) but I suspect that opinions may be different

BBC confirmed a male employee has been suspended

but hypothetically, yes, the automatic assumption is that it's a bloke. i guess because it tends to be in the vast majority of cases

• Like 1

Just now, tomav84 said:

BBC confirmed a male employee has been suspended

Missed that, ta. Not really surprising as I'm trying my best to ignore the story until there’s some actual evidence that isn’t third hand tittle tattle

So far we have the parents of a now 20 year old cracked cocaine addict saying they've seen bank statements that date back to when their son was 17. Even the newspaper that broke this story haven't seen any evidence.

Right now, the story doesn’t meet any journalistic standards, it is also quite noticeable that there’s not a hint of a police enquiry as of right now. (That I’ve seen mentioned by anyone at least)

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Right now, the story doesn’t meet any journalistic standards, it is also quite noticeable that there’s not a hint of a police enquiry as of right now. (That I’ve seen mentioned by anyone at least)

agree and if the allegations turn out to be false, there's going to be a fair few £'s paid out in defamation lawsuits

27 minutes ago, bickster said:

Here’s a question.

It’s almost certainly a male isn’t it. 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

It’s almost certainly a male isn’t it. 

As you clearly didn’t see (just like I didn’t) that the BBC have confirmed it’s a male

Why was it almost certainly a male?

There are plenty of rich older women paying for dick pics these days

Â