Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

Just now, Tayls said:

Even worse is that it’s one of two badges this season! Wtf is going on. 

Remember all that noise about how expert Heck was on branding 😳 🙄 

I have never known such a branding **** as we have seen since summer 2023.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

An optimist?

A blithering idiot.

They’re not going to use a badge they haven’t got the trademark for, because then anybody could copy it. Obviously this is the new badge.

• Haha 1

So they change the Lerner badge, realising from the survey responses that the majority of fans didn't really like it (only 8% voted to keep it). We get a new one that, although still divisive, apparently the majority of fans preferred. Now we're ditching that one and getting a shitter version of the one that 92% of fans surveyed didn't want to keep.

Make it make sense.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, JoshVilla said:

So they change the Lerner badge, realising from the survey responses that the majority of fans didn't really like it (only 8% voted to keep it). We get a new one that, although still divisive, apparently the majority of fans preferred. Now we're ditching that one and getting a shitter version of the one that 92% of fans surveyed didn't want to keep.

Make it make sense.

No no, you’ve got it. That’s what we are dealing with right now. 

34 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

An optimist?

Total hollocks. This “reserving” bollocks is also bollocks. The Aston Villa trademark has been trade marked forever. The lion is already trademarked. You couldn’t use any of the elements without being accused or passing off anyway. This is our badge. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Total hollocks. This “reserving” bollocks is also bollocks. The Aston Villa trademark has been trade marked forever. The lion is already trademarked. You couldn’t use any of the elements without being accused or passing off anyway. This is our badge. 

He's chatting pure shit.

It's the badge.

And it's worse than the Lerner one. Spectacular.

How exactly is it better for 2023 digitally. IT HAS A SHADOW.

If this ends up being the final design I’m ok with it. Not great but nothing upsetting for me.

It seems from the anger on display I should be upset, feel like I’m missing something. I would expect an impassioned response if the badge was drastically different than historical examples but a bit surprised how seriously the direction a mascot faces or presence of drop shadow is taken. 

1 minute ago, grantholtgolazo said:

If this ends up being the final design I’m ok with it. Not great but nothing upsetting for me.

It seems from the anger on display I should be upset, feel like I’m missing something. I would expect an impassioned response if the badge was drastically different than historical examples but a bit surprised how seriously the direction a mascot faces or presence of drop shadow is taken. 

Im kinda with you tbh. I don’t love it, but it just doesn’t bother me all that much. When Lerner introduced the new badge, I thought it was terrible, but as time went on, I grew to actually like it (blasphemy, I know!). In fact, I think I preferred it to the round one we have now.

It clear that the majority don’t approve though so the club should answer to this. I find it bizarre they’ve just gone ahead without consultation. Heck isn’t a popular man since his arrival. These things won’t help and nor will the 20% increase in season ticket prices next year. 

If that is the new badge, then I makes Heck look like an idiot, and will piss every fan off. It was also make us a bit of a laughing stock. 

I simply can't believe that's the new crest, it would represent a real failure.

Somehow they took the Lerner crest that no one likes, and made it worse!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, paul514 said:

Why are we even changing the badge? It’s the first one I have liked 

Cause you can't tell who it is at a glance. It looks like an off colour Chelsea badge. That's bad for your brand. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Cause you can't tell who it is at a glance. It looks like an off colour Chelsea badge. That's bad for your brand. 

We’ll be the circle lion badge at the top of the table, they’ll be the one mid-to-lower table. Easy enough to tell apart.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, fruitvilla said:

The diversion comment is probably inaccurate ... what else might be?

There's no precedent for us registering some wip to "reserve elements", and he seems completely unaware that there's already a monochrome version of this badge registered at the same time.

He's just chucked a video up without doing the most basic research.

2 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

If you're a complete mug. 

There is a reason we are using the AVFC badge in official graphics because when the round badge is minaturised you can't tell it is villa. Simple as. 

Give me either the gaslamp shape (would be massively preferred) or our normal shield, with the new Lion, Aston Villa instead of AVFC and no star please.