Tyler Adams

Wes

25 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Have to wonder what's gone on with Guendouzi.

I thought that was nailed on.

I guess the renaissance of McGinn perhaps.

Adams has been brought up through the Red Bull philosophy of pressing the ball and is one of the best pressers of the ball in the league IMO… He is highly versatile and plays a simple game so that McGinn, Kamara, Luiz etc. and our flair players can do their thing and pick the pass. 

Signing him makes a lot of sense due to this. 

• Like 2

I rate him and Leeds defensively went to pieces as soon as he got injured in February so that shows his value in a poor team.

We're well stocked in midfield. However Kamara did miss 15 league games last season so I assume the thinking there is he could come straight in rather than play Luiz and SJM deeper when they were both excellent in more advanced midfield positions.

Having Adams and Tielemans at start of season as rotation/back up options shows how far we've come I think if we sign him.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Ramsey being brilliant from Mid March has killed our interest I think, sometimes it's all about timing as we certainly wanted him in January.

Marseille also made CL in the end.

1 hour ago, nnock1984 said:

I don’t get this link. Must be a replacement for Dendonker or potentially our new RB. . . 

Hard to see any game time for Donk if we do sign Adams so can see him being offered around europe for 15m.

38 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I guess the renaissance of McGinn perhaps.

Adams has been brought up through the Red Bull philosophy of pressing the ball and is one of the best pressers of the ball in the league IMO… He is highly versatile and plays a simple game so that McGinn, Kamara, Luiz etc. and our flair players can do their thing and pick the pass. 

Signing him makes a lot of sense due to this. 

Adams would be a great bench player and Cup starter.

He also has a bit of venom in him on the pitch, which is what we still lack somewhat. 

I hated him before I heard his World Cup press conference which he handled really well under pressure.

4 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

This guy obviously doesn't know Villa that well, thinks Adams will be a starter at Villa, ahead of Kamara???

While I'm a little surprised at this link, Emery will make him a better player and he knows what is needed to compete in all competitions. 

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Seven pages from Evans saying vague statements like interest. Going to need to see some actual concrete links. 

Tom Bogart is extremely reliable and connected to USMNT players. If he says Villa are in, they are most likely in.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, OhioVilla said:

Tom Bogart is extremely reliable and connected to USMNT players. If he says Villa are in, they are most likely in.

Bogart: "Yeah, so there's been no direct contact between Villa and Leeds."

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

We signed Tielemans. There is no more interest in Guendouzi. Probably time to accept that reality now.

4 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Just been on to the MOT forum and most seem to be happy to sell Adams. 

Hilariously tho, one poster says he rates him higher than Kamara. Lolol. I mean, wtf.

Did you pass?

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We signed Tielemans. There is no more interest in Guendouzi. Probably time to accept that reality now.

I do think the Guendouzi interest has cooled but I think the Tielemans signing was more opportunism as we had to work fast to get a good deal. I don’t think it means we won’t continue to strengthen the midfield 

Â