Pau Torres

Delphinho123

Appeared late for half time yesterday and then went through quite a rigorous warm up. i was convinced we were about to see him introduced and surprised he didnt get a half hour run out.

Id be really surprised to see him come in from the cold against United. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Appeared late for half time yesterday and then went through quite a rigorous warm up. i was convinced we were about to see him introduced and surprised he didnt get a half hour run out.

Well last time he had a half hour run out he got re-injured so we can only hope he was being deliberately preserved.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Well last time he had a half hour run out he got re-injured so we can only hope he was being deliberately preserved.

hes got to play eventually though? If hes not able to be risked for 30 minutes on Wednesday, hes probably not playing 90 minutes on Sunday.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

hes got to play eventually though? If hes not able to be risked for 30 minutes on Wednesday, hes probably not playing 90 minutes on Sunday.

I'd actually prefer him he FULLY fit and us go through a little more pain before trying to rush him and ruining the rest of the season.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'd actually prefer him he FULLY fit and us go through a little more pain before trying to rush him and ruining the rest of the season.

Same, short term pain, long term gain. 

Hes not match sharp, lets introduce him in a sensible way and get him back for the c20 games weve still got this season in the league and europe. The United game will not define our season.

If he was on the bench at all he should have been capable of coming on. Be surprised not to see him play at least 45 mins v United. If he doesn't, we're **** tbh.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, est1874 said:

If he was on the bench at all he should have been capable of coming on. Be surprised not to see him play at least 45 mins v United. If he doesn't, we're **** tbh.

Unai seems to place them on the bench even if they're not match fit. Part of going through the routine to get them ready.

Diego Carlos was on the bench for several matches last year even though he was nowhere near fit to play.

So I wouldn't necessarily count on Pau featuring for United even if he's on the bench.

Edited by DJBOB

5 hours ago, DJBOB said:

Been out for a month and he's still almost carrying us 😪

And now we've lost Konsa.

Anyone surprised at how poor we've been without Pau shouldn't be when looking at this. 

3 hours ago, est1874 said:

It happened over xmas. Was an unused sub v Man. United on boxing day and then only came on v Burnley when we were making a mess of trying to beat them and then reactivated the injury.

He needs to start on Sunday but it feels unlikely otherwise he would've got some minutes last night just to get him ready.

6 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I was exactly the same. I think it was just a personal work out though. 

Strange addition to the squad I think. It would have worried me playing him. 

He only came on vs Burnley as Lengelet was feeling ill. We were still 2-1 up when the sub was made (and had been missing great chances to put the game away).

Definitely missing not just his passing, but his ability to direct the team in the build up. It was pretty early on (everton at home i think) where i watching him and realised already he was the leader orchestrating everything - telling players where to stand, where to pass etc

15 hours ago, MrBlack said:

And now we've lost Konsa.

Anyone surprised at how poor we've been without Pau shouldn't be when looking at this. 

I think Pau improves us but our poor performances are down to the team as a whole (individuals not in form or making errors)and the opposition tactics to nullify our midfield.

12 hours ago, sidcow said:

I was exactly the same. I think it was just a personal work out though. 

Strange addition to the squad I think. It would have worried me playing him. 

A bit more recovery time won’t do him any harm. We train and assess players with an army of coaches and physcios at BMH, when they’re fit enough to play then they move on to Villa Park or some less hallowed patch of grass to help the team win games. 

12 hours ago, andym said:

He only came on vs Burnley as Lengelet was feeling ill. We were still 2-1 up when the sub was made (and had been missing great chances to put the game away).

Definitely missing not just his passing, but his ability to direct the team in the build up. It was pretty early on (everton at home i think) where i watching him and realised already he was the leader orchestrating everything - telling players where to stand, where to pass etc

Our offside trap has totally gone to shit as well. 

19 hours ago, est1874 said:

Well and truly 

Â