Pau Torres

Delphinho123

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

why on earth did we play him against Burnley if there was any doubts.

I tell you what, we have had numerous silly injury related decisions over the last few years, i dont trust our medical team at all tbh.

Because Lenglet was sick. No need to get hysterical about the medical team.

Injuries happen.

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

rest for tomorrow, hopefully ok for newcastle

He’s not even training for now so I doubt that. Fingers crossed

Edited by Callum

5 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

Because Lenglet was sick. No need to get hysterical about the medical team.

Injuries happen.

i dont remember being hysterical, i was merely stating an opinion.

6 hours ago, Ceemo said:

Stopped training after suffering another setback with his ankle injury.

Not good. Not good at all.

Not good at all given we've barely played for a month.

I think if he needs an op I'd just tell him to get one now (hopefully just a clean up rather than season ender). If he's struggling to get fit with this injury it dosen't feel too promising him limping along to April/May as he would struggle to play the games then.

It's a shame as after a shaky first six weeks he's blossomed into that leader we need to fill the Mings void for this season.

Need to make sure Kons stays permanently in centre as Lenglet-Carlos will get exposed a bit in some of the coming games.

6 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

If there's one thing that annoys me about Villa, it's injuries. Like, not even players getting injured, I get it, it happens, but just the whole mess around it. The Mings/Buendia injuries were bad, but we knew they were bad and we know they'll be out for f***** ages. They'll be back when they're ready to come back. It's the small injuries where you assume a player is out for a couple of weeks and they're out for 6 f***** months. In recent times, I swear it's happened to Moreno, Ramsey, Torres. All key players. I don't even blame the club. I'm not entitled to know who is injured and how long they're injured for, it's just frustrating as hell how it seems to play out. Every. single. time. 

In fairness Moreno had to have surgery so generally you're out for months when that happens so anyone expecting him back in August was a little bit too optimistic.

He got back for mid September and had a setback which took him out for another two months so looks like Pau will be similar, trying to get back when the body isn't quite ready.

Ramsey did his metatarsal so again that's always going to be 2-3 months and he suffered from lack of pre season coming back.

Hopefully Moreno dosen't pick up anything as he's the last player we need getting injured otherwise it would probably have to be SJM as one of those inverted FBs which wasn't a success at all when it was trialled v Everton in the cup.

Edited by VillaChris

So crucial to the way we play that if he is missing for an extended period, I'd be concerned about our chances of getting that 5th CL spot.

A great player who we are desperately missing. Hope he is back for the run in, but sounds like he will be out for a good while longer having stopped training. Weeks or months rather than days.

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 1

Absolutely no coincidence our form has dropped horrifically since his injury.  He progressed the ball up the pitch so much. More than any other player in the league, let alone our team.

With how we set up, our building from the back, he is such a crucial cog that the system really struggle without him. 

Please be back soon Pau.

• Like 2

On 25/01/2024 at 19:28, Captain_Townsend said:

It's always our key players and always at the worst time. Honestly believe he has been a massive loss these past few weeks.

Hard to say this is the worst time when we've barely played any games! If it happens in March then it will be shite.

• Like 1

For us to build from the back we need him in the team badly. Lenglet has done a good job but Pau is a level above. I hope he's back for Newcastle but who knows really

13 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Get off that fence mate

That pass to Palmer was criminal. Amazes me how players at this level can do stuff like that. He wasn’t even put under pressure.  He’s ok and doing a job when called upon but can see why he’s 4th choice. 

Torres is different gravy. 

• Like 1

Â