Pau Torres

Delphinho123

2 hours ago, Callum said:

Eh? So If he wasnt ready to make the squad today, then why was he ready to make the squad against Burnley?

My comment was obviously not about the injury diagnosis but the decision to prematurely bring players into competitive matches after injury, which to me, is a concern 👍

But we didn't today, he wasn't in the squad?!

2 minutes ago, beasley14 said:

But we didn't today, he wasn't in the squad?!

Yeah mate, my point being that if he wasn’t rushed back prematurely for Burnley, we may have had him back by now. 

1 hour ago, Callum said:

Yeah mate, my point being that if he wasn’t rushed back prematurely for Burnley, we may have had him back by now. 

Well its hard to know when a player is fit and not feeling affects of an injury what else do you go on?   This time he trained all week and we've rested him anyway, I guess that means we've learnt.

It's hard to gauge if the player isn't feeling any discomfort.

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

so was him missing just a precaution?

i hope he isnt injured again.

I haven't seen anything, hoping precaution as no mention of a set back 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Callum said:

It's a tough one this, how did we rush him back? 

Coach: Pau, how are you feeling now, fit to play?

Pau: Feeling good Coach. 

That's basically what we have to go on isn't it?

6 hours ago, MaVilla said:

so was him missing just a precaution?

i hope he isnt injured again.

I think we put him on v Burnley half fit or when he wasn't 100% and he's had an issue since.

Two weeks off so hopefully he'll be in contention for Chelsea. And if not save him for Newcastle.

• Like 1

I saw a pic of him training the other day so thought he'd be back in the first 11 yesterday. Then when I saw Lenglet and Carlos I thought "oh is he on the bench and he'll come later, great.......he's not on the bench either....oh". Like others have said he's not just great defensively. His passes and link up play from the back is solid. We're missing that a little at the moment. 

Wasn't the Burnley appearance forced by injury to Lenglet? I vaguely recall Emery saying he didn't want to bring him on, but had little choice if we wanted to win the game. Obviously Chambers is not trusted anymore.

I feel like the option was there to use Chambers if Emery thought it would aggravate Pau's injury.

If he's been training all week and not made the bench, then Emery has removed the temptation to bring him on by not naming him as a sub, even though we only named 8 out of 9 anyway. Given the way the game played out against Everton, I'm sure he'd have loved to bring Pau on, but looks like we played it safe with him...a good call in my eyes if its the case. 

Â