Pau Torres

Delphinho123

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

He’s been catapulted into being the most important player in our team. Mings was our best defender, our leader and most of our aggression.

Big boots to fill. Comes with a big reputation. Not sure he’ll do it.

Konsa needs to act as the senior defender but don't think it's in his character either.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s been catapulted into being the most important player in our team. Mings was our best defender, our leader and most of our aggression.

Big boots to fill. Comes with a big reputation. Not sure he’ll do it.

I Think he will, he had a nice spell today and seem to be leading and organising. It all fell apart after but we won’t be playing Newcastle every week it’s a tough hostile place to go.

2 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

It was Torres doing all the pointing and organising today 

Well football is a universal game but I imagine he dosen't have a huge command of English so it will be limited at crucial moments to what Mings provides.

If Konsa can't step up he'll be replaced soon enough, did well end of last season so he needs to repeat that level without Mings holding his hand. He's been a prem regular since December 2019 so not some untested kid anymore.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Well football is a universal game but I imagine he dosen't have a huge command of English so it will be limited at crucial moments to what Mings provides.

If Konsa can't step up he'll be replaced soon enough, did well end of last season so he needs to repeat that level without Mings holding his hand. He's been a prem regular since December 2019 so not some untested kid anymore.

That’s true that’s why I think it will be Pau & Carlos as a partnership. 

Baptism of fire today. The trouble we've got now is that we've got Konsa who needs somebody like Mings to organise him, and he's now going to be playing with either Torres or Carlos, both of whom are more or less completely untried in the Premier League.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Risso said:

Baptism of fire today. The trouble we've got now is that we've got Konsa who needs somebody like Mings to organise him, and he's now going to be playing with either Torres or Carlos, both of whom are more or less completely untried in the Premier League.

I'm wondering if we should go Torres, Carlos, and Konsa at RB for solidity.

• Like 1

Â