Pau Torres

Delphinho123

18 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

Noticed he signed the contract with his right hand maybe mings is safe 

If you think football is played with hands, this might not be your sport mate.

• Haha 2

Saw something on Twitter claiming we are still interested in Barnes and/or Nico Williams... as well as Diaby.

Have they not given up on Williams?

I'm guessing they are all on a list by priority, guessing Williams may have been top of list.

19 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Yes and I think the strong Spanish speaking contingent at the club will help enormously. I'd be more worried if we didn't have that. 

Anyway, it is undoubtedly a very good signings and I hope he feels at home here.

Ok, who’s next? 🤣

41 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

I'll be honest, I'm slightly concerned about that leaving video Never seen a player so attached to a club before.

Literally in tears (and not just about the guy who passed away). I hope we haven't got a Shaun Moloney type who struggles away from his home.

I'm sure the other Spanish speaking players and staff will put an arm around him buy I hope he doesn't miss Villareal so much that it affects ts his performances. 

Its not a major worry, just a slight niggle in the back of my head for an otherwise excellent signing.

Same concerns here - but also shows he's a guy that cares... which I suppose is also a good quality.

Thankfully, we do have a large Spanish and South American (who probably speak Spanish) contingent at the club, so hopefully he settles in well.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

I'll be honest, I'm slightly concerned about that leaving video Never seen a player so attached to a club before.

Literally in tears (and not just about the guy who passed away). I hope we haven't got a Shaun Moloney type who struggles away from his home.

I'm sure the other Spanish speaking players and staff will put an arm around him buy I hope he doesn't miss Villareal so much that it affects ts his performances. 

Its not a major worry, just a slight niggle in the back of my head for an otherwise excellent signing.

I'm sure he will appear at an emi martinez barbeque in no time. 

41 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Carlos was also emotional at leaving Seville. I like players who respect the love of their supporters. Hopefully we can also develop a bond , we are renown for our love of centre- half's, Evan's, Melberg, Laursen, Ugo and that wonderful Irish man, who even Jack Charlton couldn't forget. I'm really looking forward to watching Torres, nothing more pleasing  to the eye than an elegant defender. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chomer said:

Welcome.  Please don't break.

It’s fine, even if we assume he’ll spend the first year out injured given our luck, we have Diego Carlos back now and then Pau can slot in on his recovery for 2024/25.

• Like 1

Â