Pau Torres

Delphinho123

56 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Good old cheery Gregg at it again 

So, is this the coup it appears at first glance?

You didn't answer your own question Gregg. I'm glad someone pasted the article here beyond your joke of a pay wall when it comes to villa articles.

But let me tell you...yes, it is. Whether he delivers to the expectation or not, its absolutely a coup and a sign to anyone else that we're interested in that we're a better option than a lot of champions league clubs

• Like 4

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

Carlos and Alex Moreno needed time to adapt to new surroundings last season having left Spain without speaking much English,

What? Moreno took about a game and a half to get up to speed...

(Quoting Evans here of course, not @villan-scott)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What film is this from? I haven’t seen it and I need to watch it.

'Step Brothers'. 

One of a trilogy of films that made up Ferrell's noontide. Along with Anchorman and Old School. 

Be sure to keep an eye out for the Catalina Wine Mixer 🤣

Edited by Steero113
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Think of Spanish defenders that have joined Villa so can write some crappy line about which one they turn out like. 

It’s really poor and you could probably find better articles on the transfer written by someone on VT. 

Pau Torres good.

He now Villa.

High Five Hell Yeah GIF by Ryn Dean

• Haha 1

I don’t mind journos being critical of Villa or our players. It’s often quite refreshing to see our club from a different perspective. However Gregg Evens doesn’t write his criticism in a constructive way, but more as buzz kill. Fair enough if he wants to cool the excitement of fans, but could he do it with less glee. It’s like he can’t wait to put a Debbie downer on everything Villa. Also, he often exposes himself as ill informed about Villa, in particular transfers rumours and finances, what just makes his credibility  too poor to have his negative elements in articles taken seriously or liked. 

For example his Pau Torres article is in large correct, but is written in such a dower way.. my buzz is killed, cheers. It’s like he failed or wanted to read the room.  He still could have all the same elements and made the overall feel of the article be positive, but somehow didn’t for what ever reason 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

28 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think the Neggies put forward by Gregg Evans, may be apt, but I think he missing the part of the team......rarely can ANY player do everything, I.E Messi will have difficulty with aerial balls....and Ronaldo at defending.

We have aggression in Mings, this is where players compliment each others attributes....thats what top TEAMS do....Pau Torres will have team mates who can compliment his talent.

I think it was a bit "sour grapes ish" from Athletic, who seem more intent of Pau's Neggies than Pozies.

We have a manager, who is tops in galvanising the key attributes in a team....the make the whole.

spacer.png

sorry, I couldn’t resist 😆

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

If this guy had been sold to Man Citeh, or Man Yoo, or the Barcodes, or Liverplop, the media would be wetting themselves.......

Why hasn't he been?

29 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Why hasn't he been?

This is a good question. I’m delighted by this signing but let’s wait until we see how he gets on before calling it the transfer of the summer.  He might need time to settle.

Im very optimistic about him though. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Why hasn't he been?

No idea mate, I was just being annoyed that it seems every player we buy is always dismissed by the media, yet the opposite reaction occurs whenever the so called top clubs buy a player 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This is a good question. I’m deleted by this signing but let’s wait until we see how he gets on before calling it the transfer of the summer.  He might need time to settle.

Im very optimistic about him though. 

giphy.gif

18 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

No idea mate, I was just being annoyed that it seems every player we buy is always dismissed by the media, yet the opposite reaction occurs whenever the so called top clubs buy a player 

I honestly don’t think this happens. We just pay more attention to articles involving Villa. If you looked up all articles for other clubs signings you would also find a mixed bag. 

I just think a lot of football fans are very precious and sensitive about their clubs.  

It’s not just us. I know fans of other clubs which are the so called big clubs that seem to think everyone is against them from media to officials.  Arsenal fans are the worst for it.

Â