Pau Torres

Delphinho123

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You think mings or torres will play thurs then sunday if we get far in the cup? Not a chance. There will be plenty of rotation

I wonder if we have a preferred pairing for the league and a different one for European (at least group or easier) games…

Maybe Mings & Torres in the league and Carlos & Konsa in the ECL… I’d be on board with that… we’d get a look at all of them and see who excels most…

Same idea for league cup and FA cup games… a lot of teams do a similar sort of thing… they’ll all get plenty of game time…

With that selection, we can be adaptable too. No need to be rigid or restricted… we can afford to rest whoever needs it and have much less concern in case of injury or suspension.

One major factor regarding the team this season… we need to avoid burnout, a lot of our players (esp in midfield) have suffered from it in the past. With a quality squad, we don’t need to take those kind of risks. Fresh, energetic, motivated players… it will be a sight to behold!

Opposition teams better watch out, we’re coming for all of you!! 😆

I want this this Tifo at VP, strike fear into their hearts and souls! 😆

spacer.png

Edited by Jas10

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You think mings or torres will play thurs then sunday if we get far in the cup? Not a chance. There will be plenty of rotation

We will rotate in cups as I've said. And in Europe. But our Premier League CB pairing will be pretty constant. Injuries and suspensions aside.

CB pairings are the cornerstone of success pretty much everywhere you look when it comes to great sides of the past.

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

Is La Liga that much less physical than the premier league? 

No idea, but I know that he'll be closed down quickly and physically in the PL. He looks the beans though. I'm sure he'll adapt quickly. And luckily we won't be 100% reliant on him hitting the ground running. 

This is awesome. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Is La Liga that much less physical than the premier league? 

Yes.  Referees more generous in awarding free kicks too.

Edit: for balance, he's good enough so it won't matter. 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

Unai rates him, Unai wanted him, Unai has won things with him.

That should be more than enough for us and allay any doubts or fears.

Trust in King Unai. We have an elite manager and an elite CB.

Been thinking about mings with all this. The club has just signed a player for a near club record for your exact position. I hope they consult and  communicate and explain it to him well cos I can't help but feel that, especially after last year, Ty needs a bit of a break from the constant challenges and set backs that he always seems to come up against

I have no doubt he will rise to it and ultimately improve as a result 

43 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

city seemed to cope just fine chopping and changing the defence every week

You can do that when you have a choice of top class defenders. We now have Konsa,Mings, Carlos & Torres and it doesn't get beeter than that anywhere in the Prem

53 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I thinking we will be getting the full announcement tomorrow, photos, sit down interview, promotional video and a Lange smile

If this article is correct, it looks like he is scheduled to arrive early next week for medicals etc.

"Villa fought off Bayern Munich to secure the 26-year-old, who is scheduled to arrive in England at the start of next week to complete a medical and sign the paperwork."

From Birmingham World

I have no idea how reliable Birmingham World are though, the article is made up of old quotes etc.

19 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

You can do that when you have a choice of top class defenders. We now have Konsa,Mings, Carlos & Torres and it doesn't get beeter than that anywhere in the Prem

Attackers win matches, defences win titles.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

We will rotate in cups as I've said. And in Europe. But our Premier League CB pairing will be pretty constant. Injuries and suspensions aside.

CB pairings are the cornerstone of success pretty much everywhere you look when it comes to great sides of the past.

I disagree more of the rotation will be in the league games because fatigue will kick in as so many games.

I think the EC league is going to be our main priority 

Getting this guy in early so he gets a full preseason working with his new teammates on shape, positioning etc will be key. He knows EmeryBall but building a rapport with team mates in that backline will make or break this transfer. We had a good relationships in our defence last year, so we don't want to create too much disruption. 

Get him in, settled and working well then he can really hit the ground running*

* and then get injured in the second or third match of the season 😇

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I disagree more of the rotation will be in the league games because fatigue will kick in as so many games.

I think the EC league is going to be our main priority 

Na, I think we want to finish high in the league. Unai won’t really be happy with a mid table  or lower finish, I’m assuming we’re at least aiming for the proper Europa spots but wouldn’t be surprised if the intent is to compete for CL - however unrealistic/realistic that seems…

Some group games in ECL will be against weaker/inferior opposition so we won’t have to play our strongest team either…

I think we’re going to give a few of the big boys in PL a shock…

Â