Youri Tielemans

thejoker

Seemed to tire a bit second half, but showed what his game is all about today. Some great skill and some decent acceleration which will hopefully put any "his legs are gone" nonsense to bed.

Such a strange player. Has bags and bags of footballing ability but he lacks athleticism.

Having watched him a fair bit now, he has a remarkable ability to receive a pass and turn away from danger and pass forwards. He’s brilliant at it. He’s obviously a fantastic passer of the hall too.

Like I say, lacks athleticism and pace but technically very good.

He was superb today. 

2 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

Don’t think it’s a good comparison to be truthful - both are very good footballers, we will be thankful for both of them come May imo 

Not sure I agree on Zaniolo. He now has to get ahead of Tielemans and Ramsey. Emery clearly prefers Bailey from the bench too.

Can see Zaniolo struggling for minutes.

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Not sure I agree on Zaniolo. He now has to get ahead of Tielemans and Ramsey. Emery clearly prefers Bailey from the bench too.

Can see Zaniolo struggling for minutes.

I would disagree - I see him getting plenty of minutes - but what a great problem to have ?👍🏻

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Some serious competition for places now. Youri looked so good today, especially out wide combining with Digne. I don't think Ramsey is a banker to come back in, he'll need to win that spot. 

Ramsey is our best player and walks into this side. Not a chance he isn't an immediate starter once he's fully fit. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Ramsey is our best player and walks into this side. Not a chance he isn't an immediate starter once he's fully fit. 

I got to disagree with you here. DL is our best outfield player imo, you can argue McGinn, Torres, Konsa and Martinez are also far more consistent than Jacob. He's improved massively in the last couple of years and may well end up as the main boy in the future but I think he's a little way off that. He 100% a game changer though and is going to get better and better under Unai.

• Like 3

Â