Youri Tielemans

thejoker

12 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

We signed him on a free so I suspect, even wages considered, he’s one of the cheaper transfers from an FFP perspective. So it’s difficult to talk about him in terms of bad value if he ends up little more than a bench player 

But it sticks in the throat that he’s in the press complaining about not playing. Bad player with a bad attitude 

Imagine his wages as he's a free.

Now imagine trying to sell him, and getting the buying club to take on his wages.

What we have here is another loan sooner rather than later with villa paying the wage majority until his contract expires.

Again!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Why is everyone so surprised? I watched a fair bit of Leicester last season, he was really poor. I was more surprised that he was good in pre season.

I'm not surprised at all, i knew he was terrible before we signed him.

• Like 1

Got bodied off the ball several times and left trailing. His mobility and positional play is definitely an issue. His passing unless 5 yards is pretty weak as piss too. I''m wondering how we got had in thinking he was a bargain on a free because I've seen nothing to suggest he's anything near a good alternative in our midfield..  

Edited by avfc1982am

In a system that Unai plays, it pits our players 1v1 all over the pitch.

The problem is Tielemans can't win a duel to save his life. The opponent just needs to jog faster or push him over and he's done.

• Haha 1

Very disappointing so far, I just don't see a position for him that doesn't involve being on the bench. Maybe in the number 10 role as a sub ? 

Lacks energy, mobility and has zero presence on the pitch at the moment.

He needs to change his conditioning training because whatever he is or isn't doing, isn't working.

• Like 1

Surprise surprise that Leicester fan who come on here in the summer saying he couldn't run anymore when out of possession (having seen him over 50 times over last two years) may just have had a grain of truth behind it.

We need way better from him. Him scoring the winner in a cup final feels more than two years ago really when you look at how he plays now. Not sure what happened given he wasn't seriously injured and still is mid 20s.

• Like 1

Â