Youri Tielemans

thejoker

7 hours ago, Pinebro said:

I'm just saying.

If a pl team  comes in and offers him regular first team football in January he is likely to go.

Amazing for us if we signed him on a free and then banked £30m or so from this imaginary transfer six months later.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Relax. Its only the start of September..you'll be playing loads .

Yeah just saw his comments with National Team. Seems a bit anxious about not starting, has spoken to Manager etc 

BUT he follows up saying all he has to do is work harder and wants to show himself.

We should probably have him starting Euro and Cup games at least.

https://www.dhnet.be/sports/football/diablesrouges/2023/09/08/le-banc-a-aston-villa-enerve-youri-tielemans-jai-dit-au-coach-que-je-veux-jouer-YAUE4655BRDIFGKCTQLSJYFT5M/

However, he is a reserve at Aston Villa.  This situation is not pleasant,” says Tielemans. I told the manager (Unai Emery) that I came to Villa to play. He understands me, but at the moment, he prefers to play with his two midfielders from last season. He told me that soon the matches will come one after the other and I will have more playing time. I know this answer doesn't help me move forward, but what should I do? Whenever I have an opportunity, I want to take it. So far, I have started once, in the Conference League (against Hibernian).”

Edited by Jas10

Rather he kept his actual thoughts behind closed doors (although he was asked directly and had to say something… maybe a shorter/simpler response would’ve been better) and with Unai… it’s early days, he will play. But… I don’t think he gets in over Luiz and Kamara over the long term.

He’s not as good as Luiz in terms of what he does/brings, nor Kamara (more in a defensive sense and when he’s on consistent form). Don’t think he’s suited to a wide midfield role either.

If he’s expecting to be a fixture of the team… I’m not sure those aspirations are that realistic. He gives us quality depth for sure, there are plenty of games and minutes to play. Can he accept a rotational role?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I think we should play Tielemans and Luiz, Kamara has been poor against The Barcodes and Liverplop.

Tielemans deserves his chance.

Play Kamara in the Cups.

Kamara brings us defensive ability and nous… something that we lack in general and not just in midfield. I agree he looks rusty but he is going to improve.

Tielemans is different, more similar to Luiz.

Probably makes more sense to play Dendoncker (I would’ve liked us to have brought in a better option) if we want to rest Bouba or he’s unavailable.

Unless we are playing weaker opposition or tweak the system… I’m not sure we will see Luiz and Tielemans partnering up all that often…

The Belgian press is something I definitely don't miss from Benteke being here, for whatever reason whenever Belgian players go on international duty they end up giving these types of interviews that's as if they don't realise they'll be picked up outside of Belgium, but it's just something you have to get used to when you sign Belgians.

And to be fair, it's not even that bad by Belgian international interveiw standards

• Like 2

I think the best role for Tielemans may be in a 3 man midfield… but where would that leave McGinn and JJ?

At least we have options…

Luiz, Kamara and Tielemans sounds like a really strong midfield… but not in or with the system we currently play…

Can’t see McGinn being dropped considering how well he has played over Unai’s tenure and with him being captain.

We will see different sides at times but I’m more referring to our preferred or more regular first 11. Some players want to play in nearly every game possible and be considered important to that degree… need to realise that the game is trending away from that nowadays and it’s more of a squad game…

Conversely… it’s good to have players that want to be involved or considered important and not happy to sit games out or spend all their time on the bench…

Can be difficult to manage but some managers are better at it than others…

Easier when you have more games to play and being competitive in more competitions…

11 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I think the best role for Tielemans may be in a 3 man midfield… but where would that leave McGinn and JJ?

At least we have options…

Luiz, Kamara and Tielemans sounds like a really strong midfield… but not in or with the system we currently play…

Can’t see McGinn being dropped considering how well he has played over Unai’s tenure and with him being captain.

We will see different sides at times but I’m more referring to our preferred or more regular first 11. Some players want to play in nearly every game possible and be considered important to that degree… need to realise that the game is trending away from that nowadays and it’s more of a squad game…

Unai has traditionally not used a 3 man midfield (in say a 433). He almost always centers most of his formations around the double pivot.

Tielemans I don't think has the athleticism to play any of the outside mid positions nor the second striker role.

He will be rotational in the double pivot depending on form/injuries/run of games. I'm sure he will get his chances.

Whether he's happy with that role is to be determined but that's what I see for him this season.

lol...  He just got here, the season just started, and he's already complaining about not starting to the media.  I didn't want him at Villa because his well documented character issues at both Leicester and Monaco and what do you know?  It's already starting here...  If you watched him last season he wasn't bothered at all and didn't even appear to put in the work to be fully match fit.  Hasn't done anything in his appearances to displace anyone else from the starting lineup.  Can't wait for him to give up completely within a few months then look like the lazy fook he was for Leicester again come Boxing day. 

• Like 1

Â