Youri Tielemans

thejoker

He's really come on well here. I have no doubts he will be important to us. The biggest problem now is who you pick as your first choice midfield out of him, Douglas Luiz, Kamara, SJM and Ramsey? I think we'll start with 3 of them in most games, but which 3?

5 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

If we don’t overplay him, we’ll have some player on our hands.

I think this is a great point, after the last few seasons he will probably appreciate some rotation so i'm not too worried about having him, Dougie and Kamara to choose from

• Like 1

Such an intelligent footballer. And will not get overrun with Boubs mopping up. . Criminally mismanaged at Leicester. Kind of the same as McGinn and Luiz were with us until Unai took over and got them into the best positions to show their ability .  He will get the correct amount of games in the correct position with the correct coaching now. And we will see the very best of him. 

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I literally cannot believe we did not have more competition for him. Unreal we signed him on a free. Newcastle have paid ovee 80m for two of thwie central midfilders. We paid zero

Safe to say now that our outlay of 15 mill on our elite trio would get 150 million back. And they are elite. 26 , 25 and 23 years of age. About to hit their peak years under a world class coach and backroom staff. Insania 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Safe to say now that our outlay of 15 mill on our elite trio would get 150 million back. And they are elite. 26 , 25 and 23 years of age. About to hit their peak years under a world class coach and backroom staff. Insania 

Add in McGinn and Ramsey and that's  c. £17m for 5 midfielders that could get into most teams in the league. Value.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I literally cannot believe we did not have more competition for him. Unreal we signed him on a free. Newcastle have paid ovee 80m for two of thwie central midfilders. We paid zero

And Newcastle are probably paying as much if not more on their wages as well.

9 hours ago, Pelle said:

He's really come on well here. I have no doubts he will be important to us. The biggest problem now is who you pick as your first choice midfield out of him, Douglas Luiz, Kamara, SJM and Ramsey? I think we'll start with 3 of them in most games, but which 3?

It’s a great problem to have and we have the same problem at centre back. 

Do the same in the next 2/3 windows across the other positions and you have a squad that can challenge. 

Edited by Nicho
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

We’re really used to talking down the club’s squad building- largely because the grealish money wasn’t used that sensibly overall. But you’re right that central midfield is an area where we’ve got outstanding quality for excellent value in Luiz, Kamara and tielemans. And it’s a credit to the off field staff/scouting given they were signed under three separate managers 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Like the Peter Andre song? Praise indeed

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Add in McGinn and Ramsey and that's  c. £17m for 5 midfielders that could get into most teams in the league. Value.  

oh yes - paid £18m total for Tielemans, McGinn, Luiz, Ramsey and Kamara. 

Now probably worth £30m, £50m, £50m, £50m, £50m - £230m.  

That's some business!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Villa 59 said:

What a great performance. Looked dangerous every time he touched the ball. Kamara and Tielemans for free. How did we manage that?

Its literally £90m worth of footballers for nothing. Mad business. 

Edited by Steero113

Â