Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

Posted (edited)

Big game Monday. We have to earn the right to play in the champions league. Been another season of progression nevertheless. Lets achieve it Monday.

Edited by Villa_Vids

Just now, useless said:

This thread has become incredibly disrespectful to the team and the season they've had, Spurs can do what they want, we will get the job done ourselves

This team have been incredible but they have struggled in the last few games. I still think they’ve got one big performance in them though.

• Like 1

Opta have our chances of Top 4 at 94.5%. Barely lower than before the Burnley game.

Of course, stranger things have happened, but it's still very much in our hands

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Well I can guarantee we won't lose tomorrow 🎉🍷

That's what happens when you have a Friday offm yesterday felt like a Saturday not today 😉

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

This thread has become incredibly disrespectful to the team and the season they've had, Spurs can do what they want, we will get the job done ourselves

Threads a joke. I’d expect these kind of posts if come Wednesday Spurs has beaten City and Villa had lost to Liverpool. 

But seeing them now is ridiculous and just shows how negative some of our fans are in my opinion. No belief whatsoever.

• Like 2

I want Spurs to win all their games but we must do it ourselves - it makes the achievement all the greater. That is the moral way to enter the champions league. 73 points is our target now. UTV!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I can't see Spurs beating City, they've turned into the robots they need to be to win the league. 22 unbeaten. 

And... 

If Arsenal lose tomorrow, then on Tuesday, if City win, they win the league. 

If Arsenal win tomorrow, then on Tuesday, City need to win to keep the advantage going into the final day. 

Yep again not sure why people are thinking Man. City will ease off if Arsenal drop points. Surely if there's an opportunity to win the league before the final day you do it?

Man. City nearly blew it v us in 2022 so can't see them risking everything on final day especially as they're in the cup final.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

I want Spurs to win all their games but we must do it ourselves - it makes the achievement all the greater. That is the moral way to enter the champions league. 73 points is our target now. UTV!

Yeahhhhhh Nahhhh, I’ll take a couple of Spurs losses thank you hahahaha.

doesn’t matter how you get there brother as long as you reach your destination. Beat Pool and it’s over if not it’s done the day after. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Daweii said:

We are still statistically favourites for 4th.

We win one of our next two games then it's nailed on.

If we don't win either of our next two games then Spurs need to;

• Win all three of their remaining games.
  • Win two, draw one, and overturn their goal difference.

If Spurs lose just one game in their final three games then we finish the season 4th. 

Spurs face Man City on Tuesday and we likely know how that's going to go. 

I would love for Villa to finish 4th on their own terms, but it's as good as nailed on already as I don't see Spurs winning all three of their remaining games this season. 

That’s a lot of analysis without being aware of how many games spurs have left. 

1 minute ago, CroVillan said:

Yeahhhhhh Nahhhh, I’ll take a couple of Spurs losses thank you hahahaha.

doesn’t matter how you get there brother as long as you reach your destination. Beat Pool and it’s over if not it’s done the day after. 

I am not relying on Spurs failing but believing in the players on monday.

1 minute ago, Villa_Vids said:

I am not relying on Spurs failing but believing in the players on monday.

Oh so am I. I just don’t want Spuds picking up any more points hahaha

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Isn’t it the fact that City historically have had Hotspur Stadium as their bogey stadium? No matter how shit Spurs have been previously they’ve somehow always got results at home against City.

At least City have scored a goal at that stadium now (in the cup) so hopefully the curse is broken.

Yep, can't believe people simply dismiss it as "that was without angeball" "city are the best team in the world" the have been "the best team in the world" for years and have been consistently useless against Spurs in the league, but spurs have lost 4 in a row and now they will get something against city.. They had lost 3 in a row when they played them this season and still drew 3-3.

People also saying, well we may lose by the odd goal against liverpool and palace so spurs will need 6 goals.. A team from greece has just scored 6 past us in 2 games, hell one player scored 5 times but now suddenly we are going to have a super tight defence against liverpool and palace?  despite conceeding 2 goals per game on average over the past 10 games.

This is spurs against "the best team in the world" since we have been back in the prem.

5NB4egu.jpeg

23 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

If we draw with Liverpool and Spurs beat Man City, we would only need a draw at Palace and they would need to win so it would still be in our favour.

Yes sorry meant it we lose to Liverpool. I just can't see us going into Palace game needing a win and getting it off the back of what would have been 5 straight defeats essentially as Chelsea were robbed against us.

It's just City, Spurs have to beat them and they're in top form. A draw with City was a big worry if Spurs had beaten Burnley by 3 goals.

Posted (edited)

I wonder if some of you guys feel like you’re going through a divorce after every time your wife moans at you for leaving the toilet seat up 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Haha 4

51 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Have you all forgotten that if we beat red scouse we're 4th, it's in our hands 

We gotta make the best atmosphere ever on Monday and suck the ball into the net if possible. Palace are awesome at present so dont hold out much hope there. 

• Like 1