Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

45 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

We won’t finish 5th

4th will be guaranteed by this time next week. And we’ll beat palace anyway

Realistically we’ll get 4th, but seriously doubt us at Selhurst Park on current form. Have you seen Palace lately? They’ve been incredible.

One thing being overlooked is that AngeBallMate™ has Spurs looking gassed even though they've played the least games out of anyone this season, and they play City 3 days after Burnley. I can't see anything but City running rings around them

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

One thing being overlooked is that AngeBallMate™ has Spurs looking gassed even though they've played the least games out of anyone this season, and they play City 3 days after Burnley. I can't see anything but City running rings around them

Genuine question but what is Ange ball... Is it simply that they counter with everyone running forward?

15 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I was just thinking that I miss my old mate Villalad!!

The good news is he's got about 3 other accounts under different names here 💪🏾

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Realistically we’ll get 4th, but seriously doubt us at Selhurst Park on current form. Have you seen Palace lately? They’ve been incredible.

They’re in great form. 

But we’re actually very good at football if people haven’t noticed. A proper week’s rest and the pressure off because 4th will be seen up by then and I think we’ll beat them 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Our squad last night was absolute threadbare. Who could realistically be in contention for the Palace game? Tielemans, Zaniolo, maybe Moreno? Any chance of Rogers?

If we need to get something from that match having players back is crucial IMO.

Edited by jayEm

It just seems like it might down to what result Spurs get against Man City. I'm not confident of  picking up any more points..Hope if we do  loose against Liverpool it's a narrow defeat and spurs don't inflict a heavy defeat to Burnley else our 9 goal advantage could be drastically reduced.  It's such a shame our season is ending like this with the injuries etc..hope we can produce one more big performance and Watkins can fund his shooting boots again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

they drew with Fulham the week before they beat Man U and became world champions 

besides which Eze and Olise have played at least 3 consecutive games now so they will both be out injured by the time we play them :D 

but that said they do look better than Brighton , who made us look like chumps on Sunday  .. well that's not strictly accurate , we made ourselves look like chumps , Brighton weren't that great themselves 

1 hour ago, _AA_786 said:

Genuine question but what is Ange ball... Is it simply that they counter with everyone running forward?

High-line defence and lots of possession based attacking flow. But also a recipe for leaking goals and turnovers in possession. 

• Like 1

hopefully City draw tomorrow and then will need a massive GD shift so might go and beat Spuds 6-0 for us on Tuesday 

2 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

We're unbeaten in London this season! Not scared.

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Waiting for the meltdown when spurs beat Burnley 😂😂😂

I think people just need to have pre-meltdowns. Just go ahead now and wet the diapers etc, toss the toys out of the pram in advance -- let out that existential cosmic howl of Villa dolour. It would save us all a lot of time.

giphy.gif

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Villa87 said:

It all comes down to this. Praying for a Man City win because we won’t get another point. 

That's where I'm at. Don't see us getting anything against Liverpool. Spurs will beat Burnley. They are too easy to score against. I think with the extra rest and maybe the return of one or two players we could get something against Palace if need be 

Edited by PaulC

Realistically what I think will happen:

Spurs beat Burnley- not a blowout.  2-0, 3-1 type match

Villa lose to Liverpool.  Same type of scoreline as above.  GD is cut in half.  VT is in turmoil.  We are still neither healthy nor rested for the intensity that Pool play at.

Spurs get put to the sword by Citeh.  3-0, 4-1 type of game.  GD restored and UCL clinched for Villa.  VT turmoil turns to jubilation.  Fish puns are cast about with reckless abandon.

Villa go into the Palace match with nothing to play for.  We see the early season confident Villa on the final day now that the huge mental weight has been lifted- and we get a result in a close match.  Finish the season on 70 points.  UTV

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ejs1111 said:

Realistically what I think will happen:

Spurs beat Burnley- not a blowout.  2-0, 3-1 type match

Villa lose to Liverpool.  Same type of scoreline as above.  GD is cut in half.  VT is in turmoil.  We are still neither healthy nor rested for the intensity that Pool play at.

Spurs get put to the sword by Citeh.  3-0, 4-1 type of game.  GD restored and UCL clinched for Villa.  VT turmoil turns to jubilation.  Fish puns are cast about with reckless abandon.

Villa go into the Palace match with nothing to play for, we're still bare bones and knackered in agme number 74 of the season, we lose in what is ultimately a nothing game, VT declares us as not ready for the CL and ruin the summer with talk of us getting embarrassed every game, selling 17 players and buying 21 new ones and fretting over Unai joining man utd 

FTFY

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

Waiting for the meltdown when spurs beat Burnley 😂😂😂

I'm told Man City will beat Spurs so it shouldn't matter.