Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

2 hours ago, ben1505 said:

Score prediction for the Spurs v Burnley game? I'm going for 3-1 Spurs

Heart says Burnley win, Luton win at West Ham and Forest get beat by Chelsea. Makes Burnley v Forest the perfect final game of the season with Luton playing a beatable Fulham.

Head says draw and Burnley down, with Luton and Forest both losing to make the last game a bit of a dead rubber.

3 minutes ago, Vancvillan said:

Heart says Burnley win, Luton win at West Ham and Forest get beat by Chelsea. Makes Burnley v Forest the perfect final game of the season with Luton playing a beatable Fulham.

Head says draw and Burnley down, with Luton and Forest both losing to make the last game a bit of a dead rubber.

I hope that Burnley get something out of the game... heaps a lot of pressure on Spurs to beat Man City

Surprised that Spurs are still 16/1 to chin us out of a top 4 spot - we look like we're running on fumes at the moment (understandably) and losing our last 2 games, even if only 1-0 each drops our GD down to +7 over Spurs. If they were to somehow nick a draw against City, its not beyond the realms of possibility that they could batter both Burnley  and Sheff Utd at home and turn a 7 goal deficit round - if we were to lose by more than 1 goal in either game the task becomes even easier.....

I'm still nervous about how we get over the line for 4th but I'd be more confident about nicking something at home vs Liverpool than getting anything off Palace away.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dillon66 said:

Surprised that Spurs are still 16/1 to chin us out of a top 4 spot - we look like we're running on fumes at the moment (understandably) and losing our last 2 games, even if only 1-0 each drops our GD down to +7 over Spurs. If they were to somehow nick a draw against City, its not beyond the realms of possibility that they could batter both Burnley  and Sheff Utd at home and turn a 7 goal deficit round - if we were to lose by more than 1 goal in either game the task becomes even easier.....

I'm still nervous about how we get over the line for 4th but I'd be more confident about nicking something at home vs Liverpool than getting anything off Palace away.

I'm hoping that they don't nick a point v City then everything else becomes irrelevant

Just now, ben1505 said:

I'm hoping that they don't nick a point v City then everything else becomes irrelevant

Same here mate......same here.

39 minutes ago, Dillon66 said:

Maybe worth a cheeky tenner so if they did nick it then you could at least drown your sorrows 😄 I'm tempted at that price!

i took 16.0 on the exchanges yesterday with the view to laying once spurs beat burnley

• Like 1

We still have 2 games to play as well, it's not like spurs have it their hands. I can't see us not picking up at least a point in those 2 games and then it's over.

16-1 though......could accumulate it with arsenal to win the league and us to lose our last 2 games, is that possible to do? 

• Like 1

Spurs do have a very good home record against City but I think the key difference is most those games have been earlier in the season.  I think the fact City know that anything less than a win most likely gives the title to Arsenal is why they won’t slip up.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, tinker said:

We still have 2 games to play as well, it's not like spurs have it their hands. I can't see us not picking up at least a point in those 2 games and then it's over.

This is the exactly right. I know sometimes it feels like it is the case, but it is not like we are all sat on our hands waiting for the magical combination of 3 wins or 2 wins and a draw from Spurs to come in and screw us over.

Wr have two attempts to finish the job ourselves, against two teams that have nothing really left to play for, with a manager who really knows how to set us up for one-off games. 

We don’t need 3 Spurs results to go against us, we need 3 Spurs results and 2 Villa results to go against us, and I don’t think that will happen. 

If we get a positive result in Athens tomorrow, I believe the momentum from that will mean it is all done and dusted before Spurs play City.

3 hours ago, ben1505 said:

I hope that Burnley get something out of the game... heaps a lot of pressure on Spurs to beat Man City

If Burnley get anything it's over. Burnley win - over. Burnley draw - Spurs need to beat City & Sheffield AND get a +10 GD vs our results.

That is just not going to happen.

1 hour ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

If Spurs batter Burnley 4-0 I'll start to worry.

Yes, if they only win two nil that's a good result. If we then only lose by one to Liverpool then it's a 6 goal lead they'd need to turn around on final day if they got a point off City. Which is a very tall ask.

Basically if Spurs are going to win and we lose, let's hope it's only a 2 or 3 goal swing. The result is a situation where they have to beat City where a draw isn't enough. 

13 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I agree with this, I couldn't believe it when they had an open top bus parade for it, and I'd be embarrassed if we did the same.

For the fa cup or league cup, sure, but for a third tier competition ? Nah.

0ce2ead11f36-260522ama7017v0lb3i.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, rubberman said:

If Burnley get anything it's over. Burnley win - over. Burnley draw - Spurs need to beat City & Sheffield AND get a +10 GD vs our results.

That is just not going to happen.

If they draw to Burnley it's as good as over yes. They'd need to beat City and Sheffield and hope we lose to Liverpool and Palace and there to be a 9 goal swing (they'd win on goals scored then). 

11 hours ago, duke313 said:

A game where Spurs had one shot the entire match.

I’ve never been more confident of a result, that of City beating Spurs next week.

but games are not linear, anomalies, do fly up.

We just have to hope we can get one more win.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Spurs do have a very good home record against City but I think the key difference is most those games have been earlier in the season.  I think the fact City know that anything less than a win most likely gives the title to Arsenal is why they won’t slip up.

also Spurs have gone real Spursy......Their form is suffering like ours.

• Like 1