Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

Coefficient FC are really making hard work of qualifying. If this carries on then we will have to get 4th nailed on if we want CL next year. Its ironic that i usually cheer them to lose and the one time I actually want them to win they **** it up.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

I honestly think some of you are insane. "There are bigger prizes out there". Well we havent won any prize, big or small for nearly 30 years. There are loads of Villa fans who have never seen us win a trophy. The Championship argument is absolute nonsense as well you know.

The club going backwards? We're having our best season for 30 years. "We shouldnt focus on winning a trophy that we're 4 games away from doing, we need to focus on winning trophies". As I said, utterly insane.

For real Villa fans out there reading this, as we get better with fans coming out of the woodwork and jumping on the bandwagon, get used to seeing this kind of snobbiness and arrogance because you're going to see a hell of a lot more of it. The worst thing is, the same fans who are shitting on a European trophy (that Roma were delighted to win I might add), will be the same fans, front and center, basking in the glory if we do win it. Makes me sick.

You are moaning about something that isn’t even there. A few people have said they’d prefer to get champions league over winning the ECL in response to a hypothetical question. If that ‘makes you sick’ then I think you need to start taking a look at what’s happening elsewhere in the World currently. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

Arsenal looking weak - is 3rd on or is it too late??

We’re finishing 4th or 5th. That’s it

I think technically it's 5 places are still on but both us and city would need tk win our competitions and Brighton and Liverpool would need to go through.

Bayer are winning europa which is obviously bad for us. 

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Arsenal looking weak - is 3rd on or is it too late??

About as likely as ManU catching us. 

I assume some would read this as: “It’s on”

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

I think technically it's 5 places are still on but both us and city would need tk win our competitions and Brighton and Liverpool would need to go through.

Bayer are winning europa which is obviously bad for us. 

Can’t see that happening since they got knocked out by Roma last round.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Does make me chuckle just how bad the draw was for the English clubs in this round of European football. 

Yeah moment the draw happened knew how bad it was and said at the time. Been slow motion since.

If we can't get 7 or 8 points from our final 5 games we deserve to go into Europa League. We'll have a great chance of winning that too.