Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Bournemouth, Wolves, Brighton crossed out and we're a distant dream to everyone else.

This is nice.

West Ham is just mathematics aswell. We're 15 clear of them with 5 left?

Back this up with a win at Bournemouth and we’ll be looking very, very good for top four.

The only thing I’d say about this weekend is it has shown clubs can get a result anywhere. Form means a lot more than fixtures right now.

1 minute ago, Don_Simon said:

And now, Arsenal ABSOLUTELY MUST beat Spurs. 

What an unbelievable day.

That's a really good point - Arsenal and Liverpool will now both know they can't afford to slip up against Spurs.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, jayEm said:

Back this up with a win at Bournemouth and we’ll be looking very, very good for top four.

The only thing I’d say about this weekend is it has shown clubs can get a result anywhere. Form means a lot more than fixtures right now.

Been saying on here for months that football isn't played on paper!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

That's a really good point - Arsenal and Liverpool will now both know they can't afford to slip up against Spurs.

Just your average end of season nine pointer OBE!

Edited by Don_Simon
  • Like 1

Let’s not be too harsh on @CVByrne we are all Villa fans at the end of the day. I mean he spouts negativity and seems to care more about being proven right and Villa to fail but hopefully now he’ll see the light and just enjoys the ride. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 3

The one thing this weekend has proved to me, is that its pointless trying to predict results!

If someone had offered me 4 points from Brentford (h) and Arsenal (a), I'd have been all over it like a seagull and a discarded portion of chips. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Pour one out for the people who said we'd be smashed 5-1 today

I do not understand how any Aston Villa fan fortunate enough to have followed this team since October 2022 can ever talk like that about this team and manager. We always have a chance with them.

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 2