Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

The only threats to us not getting Champions League now are Spurs and or fifth place not being enough, all teams like Manchester United, Chelsea, and so on, are irrelevant.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Two draws from their remaining games and they can't overtake us if we get 7 points.

If we get another 8 points they need to win every single game left.

Man Utd are closer to not qualifying at all for Europe than they are of finishing 4th (or 5th if England gets the extra CL spot).  It is entirely conceivable that after the next round of fixtures they are 9th.  Bournemouth away is not easy.  Newcastle have a huge home match against Spurs (the pressure very much on the away team and Newcastle will see a win as a major step towards finishing 6th), West Ham at home to Fulham and Chelsea at home to Everton.

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

I have a real dislike for Maddison!

Not alone there, I could punch that face all day.

2 minutes ago, useless said:

The only threats to us not getting Champions League now are Spurs and or fifth place not being enough, all teams like Manchester United, Chelsea, and so on, are irrelevant.

Yep - wins for Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool and us midweek would be delicious.  I think 5 points will be enough for a top 5 finish.

21 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

United should win most of their remaining games - Bournemouth A, Sheffield United H, Burnley H, Palace A are their next 4. Arsenal H and Brighton A are the last 2, with a rearranged home game with Newcastle still to be scheduled.

They should be getting at least 3 wins from the next 4.

We should beat Bournemouth H Crystal Palace A. I doubt Man U will turn over Brighton at the Amex

Worth noting that United have thrown away 7 points after the 80th minute in the last 3 games (by comparison we've gained 1 point in that time).

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Half awaiting someone to claim they'll catch the goal difference. 

TBF, if posters are mad enough to think both that United will win nearly every game and that we will lose nearly every game, then overturning the goal difference differential isn't the strangest belief. 

5 minutes ago, imavillan said:

@grobs @CVByrne

gents....can you please expand on your less than elaborative posts why you think this is the case?

Some substance would be nice so we could all see and understand your worries

please help us so we can help you

They’re trolling

37 minutes ago, turvontour said:

It's not Man United winning one game in six in the premier league that worries me.

It's when they start winning eight games in six we should be concerned. 

5 points for a win for Man Utd!

Just now, Pinebro said:

Having to rely on other teams to fail is never a good sign.

Spurs will be doing the same for the next month when they start this tricky run after this game. 

Our position relative to Spurs is better than I thought, even now that they're beating Forest they're still only on the same points as us, and their next five games for them are Newcastle, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea, and Liverpool, so we're still in with a really good chance of fourth regardless of what happens with them today

• Like 3