Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

6 minutes ago, beasley14 said:

Oh I agree but you can see why some people feel that way, especially when you know any 50/50 decisions will go on their favour.  That Everton pen shout yesterday for example would 100% be a pen if Utd.

Completely. But even with the decisions going for them they're still pretty rubbish. A zero goal difference for the season tells you all you need to know. If we had been on our game when we played them they would actually be 9th or 10th which is roughly where they should be. 

4 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

We will likely need four or five wins of the remaining games to secure fourth.

Brentford, Bournemouth, Chelsea, Palace and then one of Brighton/Liverpool may be needed. 

I think we’ll still need 5 wins to get fourth. 

Spurs are keeping pace with us point for point. 

32 minutes ago, useless said:

I think we will get something from Arsenal and Man City games, maybe just one point, but I don't think we will lose both 🥹

I believe we will win one of the 3 hardest games we have left. I don’t know if it’s Arsenal City or Liverpool but we will beat one of them. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, turvontour said:

I'm really struggling to find any reports about the top 4 battle anywhere in the media this morning.

A bad set of results yesterday for the media. 

How hard are you looking?

2nd story down on the front page of the bbc football page is “Konsa caps perfect week to help Villa maintain top 4 gap over Spurs”

Front page of Sky Sports football is a picture of Konsa celebrating with a link to the highlights “Villa hold off Wolves to maintain hold on fourth”

Edit: checked Guardian football too… 4th story down “Diaby and Konsa strike to boost top 4 hopes”

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

8 league games to go and we are well in this with a European QF to enjoy too. What a season. We just need to enjoy this. Who saw this coming when Unai took over? Not me. I am savouring every moment. What a team. What a manager.

Exactly. Best season of my lifetime. The odd loss we suffer occasionally doesn't even phase me. In the grand scheme of things we're already like 3-5 years ahead of where I thought we'd be under NSWE.

• Like 4

So April we have 7 games in total. Man United have 6. Spurs only have 4. How Emery rotates the squad in games will be key. The form of Duran, Zaniolo, Cash and Rogers will be massive in deciding how we do in games. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Keyblade said:

So you watched them today and your conclusion was they could *checks notes* easily win 9 in a row? United. Zero goal difference Manchester United. This is technically an opinion yes, but it's not a serious one.

Certain users are best ignored I’ve found

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, omariqy said:

So April we have 7 games in total. Man United have 6. Spurs only have 4. How Emery rotates the squad in games will be key. The form of Duran, Zaniolo, Cash and Rogers will be massive in deciding how we do in games. 

Game management will be key. We could do with cash back asap to be able to rotate. 

8 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Unlikely but I could see them losing all of Arsenal, City, Liverpool, Chelsea and drop points/lose v Newcastle for sure.

I think they'll win at Newcastle with all the injuries they have, good time to play them.

Key games are West Ham and Chelsea, don't want them winning either as they'll likely get over 70 points if they do that.

17 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I’d rather the points than a game in hand, but do fear Spurs will be fresher for the final push without as many injuries as us. Really hope 5th is enough this season!

32 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Too many games in a month, I agree with Pep on this one although I have less sympathy for the man that has the best squad in club football.

16 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

I’d rather the points than a game in hand, but do fear Spurs will be fresher for the final push without as many injuries as us. Really hope 5th is enough this season!

Look at next 6

Wham away London derby. Can see Wham winning

Forest home should be win but who knows

Newcastle away. Doubt they win

Then City and Arse home followed Pool away. 

Don't rate their chances at all

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 2

I wonder when their (Spurs) postponed games (away v Chelsea and at home to Man City) get rearranged for.  If Man City get past Real Madrid they might not be available until the last week of the season midweek - unless they squeeze it in a few days after the FA cup semis. I'd have thought they'd want to get the trip to Chelsea out of the way sooner rather than later so surely at the same time as weplay  against Lille at home would be ideal. I can't see Chelsea wanting it 3 days before the FACup semi against City. If not then, it too is probably pushed back till May.

28 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I think they'll win at Newcastle with all the injuries they have, good time to play them.

Key games are West Ham and Chelsea, don't want them winning either as they'll likely get over 70 points if they do that.

Still very tough to win at Newcastle though, they don't lose many there.

7 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

I wonder when their (Spurs) postponed games (away v Chelsea and at home to Man City) get rearranged for.  If Man City get past Real Madrid they might not be available until the last week of the season midweek - unless they squeeze it in a few days after the FA cup semis. I'd have thought they'd want to get the trip to Chelsea out of the way sooner rather than later so surely at the same time as weplay  against Lille at home would be ideal. I can't see Chelsea wanting it 3 days before the FACup semi against City. If not then, it too is probably pushed back till May.

Man. City is last week of the season pretty sure.

I thought the Chelsea game was getting dropped in the late April midweek but Chelsea are playing Arsenal then. Guess it's just dropped in one of the Europe weeks so feasible they could be playing that on the same night as we play a potential SF!