Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

2 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Manure have so many gaps from defence to midfield it’s unreal. Brentford will be a tough team to play but we’re better than Manure. We will dominate the ball. We need to watch their counter attacks though.

Their long throws will cause us issues, they were getting shots from edge of the box. It's an awkward game really, would take a hard fought 1-0 or 2-1 as we saw down there they'll try to turn it into a scrap which suckered Kamara into getting sent off so we need to avoid a repeat and keep our discipline.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

How would that not be surprising? I'd be surprised if Arsenal won 9 in a row let alone that shower of shite. I'd be positively flabbergasted if they did that. Like, 10 in a row is our all time club record to put it in perspective. It's a wild thing to say.

Yep.

Most successive wins Arsenal have had in the league this season is actually currently eight although you suspect the winning run ends tomorrow.

Man. City is 6.

Liverpool surprisingly is 5.

Man. City in the run in last season won 11 or 12 straight I think? That was a team that went on to win the treble not one that concedes 30 shots to Brentford in a game so this Man. United team is country mile off that standard.

I think they'll be lucky to finish 6th personally. Newcastle back to 5 points off them despite all their issues, Brighton six points back with a game in hand.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, beasley14 said:

In fairness to Tayls despite the performance they nearly did win the game! I think that's the angle he's looking at.  Despite the shit they're picking up results.

They lost back to back to Fulham and Man. City all of a month ago. Today was only their third draw of the season so that's why they're so high up in the league as they hardly ever draw a game.

Spurs had 16 wins at this stage last year and were sitting in 5th place… they won 2 more games until the end of the season.. will they bottle it again?

1 hour ago, ben1505 said:

Spurs had 16 wins at this stage last year and were sitting in 5th place… they won 2 more games until the end of the season.. will they bottle it again?

Unlikely but I could see them losing all of Arsenal, City, Liverpool, Chelsea and drop points/lose v Newcastle for sure.

• Like 1

I think our win was massive but Utd losing points the way they did is very important to our run. I was gutted by Luton mistake which lead to Spurs goal but then and us winning might gave Utd more doubts. This can give us some space with the coming run in. 
If Utd failed to win next game as well that would be a big bonus (whatever we do at City). If both of them failed to win then that would be as if we won at City. 
We’ll still have some important European games as well. So each win will really help us rotate well. Especially that we’re going to a point where European wins could be more important than league games and easier to secure CL qualification.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

If we win all of our remaining games 6-0 we still wouldn’t win the league from here

Tounge in cheek comment, I know we aren't winning the league, it would shut the media up banging on about Manure and their top 4 hopes 🤣

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We're starting to get to the point where just a win against Brentford and a win against Lille puts us in a really, really strong position.

Getting closer.

I was thinking exactly that about Brentford. The next three league games, if wins, might be what gets us over the line. 

I think Spurs will sneak ahead of us over the next few weeks but that we'll pull it back by the end of the season.

It'll be interesting to see how the top 4 handle their(our) European games. I'm glad we haven't got an extra game to fit in like some teams do, because of the FAcup draws.

I think we will get something from Arsenal and Man City games, maybe just one point, but I don't think we will lose both 🥹

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

They lost back to back to Fulham and Man. City all of a month ago. Today was only their third draw of the season so that's why they're so high up in the league as they hardly ever draw a game.

Oh I agree but you can see why some people feel that way, especially when you know any 50/50 decisions will go on their favour.  That Everton pen shout yesterday for example would 100% be a pen if Utd.

33 minutes ago, Vincenzo said:

Diego will be massive for us against Brentford as Toney is a handful 

I know a better striker.